• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide House Price Index for Feb - Poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
    I remember in the late 80's when I first started working, that if you had a spare 60k to spend you could chose between a brand new Porsche 911 or a house - buying outright that is.

The 90's and the 00's put paid to that choice as you could only choose the car!

I wonder how long or if we will ever see price parity between a 1 bed starter home and the lovely 911 again?

It's funny how car exotica has hardly changed in price yet as you imply basic housing has hit luxury prices.

Late 80s.. A Ferrari or a nice 3 bed house in the burbs
    Today: a Ferrari or a Bedsit in Hackney?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Property only ever goes up though.

Comment

PS. Well done to minsky1 for believing property would have risen more than 2% in a single month during the worst economic crash/depression in 2000 years.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          PS. Well done to minsky1 for believing property would have risen more than 2% in a single month during the worst economic crash/depression in 2000 years.

Not that far off, it went up 1.8% in January
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

did it?

edit: google says no

The Nationwide's latest house price index has revealed that property prices continued to fall in January with a slide of 1.3%, taking the annual rate of fall to 16.6% - the largest annual fall on record.

Seems to me the rate of decline is accelerating
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 26 February 2009, 13:17.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Not that far off, it went up 1.8% in January
              Not according to Nationwide it didn't.

You believe the Halifax do you, that house prices rose?

Comment

Is there anyone on here who thinks their house has appreciated in value over the last month?

Comment

Mine and CyberTory's are the only ones in the UK.

Comment

That's good, I didn't even know you were a couple

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      That's good, I didn't even know you were a couple
                      A couple of what?

Comment

Working...
                      X