• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How Safe is your House?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Make sure you don't forget the gallstones or any non disolving sutures...
    I posses a sieve.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

My house got done in broad daylight in December. I thought is was pretty safe actually but made me realise that no matter what security measure you put in place if you have a sufficiently determined intruder they will get in if they really want to.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I always take laptops and cameras upstairs at night so if people are looking in the windows they don't see a target.
        I prefer to close the curtains.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/election97/back...b/labman6.html

HTH
          If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            My house got done in broad daylight in December. I thought is was pretty safe actually but made me realise that no matter what security measure you put in place if you have a sufficiently determined intruder they will get in if they really want to.
            True. That's what really worries me.

My home is in a small village. Always been low crime area, but a nearby town has expanded hugely in the last 5 years or so and now we get roaming chavs and crims.

I would gladly drop them if they entered my property, by whatever means, and face the consequences in court. The safety of my family comes first.

However, when I'm not there (which is about half the time) I worry terribly.

Chap up the road got done in broad daylight. There are a lot of chaps wandering around knocking doors selling household goods etc. I have seen one of these jump over a neighbour's wall and I challenged him but he legged it.

What lawless times we live in.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I realised this morning that I had left my patio doors ajar last night after going out to feed the birds. Fortunately, I am at the end of a cul-de-sac where strangers seldom come.

In the surrounding area at night though there has been a spate of organised car stealing where valuable cars are taken and shipped to Ghana !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                I realised this morning that I had left my patio doors ajar last night after going out to feed the birds. Fortunately, I am at the end of a cul-de-sac where strangers seldom come.

In the surrounding area at night though there has been a spate of organised car stealing where valuable cars are taken and shipped to Ghana !!
                Sound's like a line from the League of Gentlemen.

I'll bet they don't if they know you are at the end of that cul-de-sac

Anyway:

You can see Cyberman's message because he is not on your ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

You see where you've gone wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    Sound's like a line from the League of Gentlemen.

I'll bet if they know you are at the end of it

Anyway:

Even if they do, there is nothing worth nicking. If they do get close to me I will D E L E T E T H E M !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      You see where you've gone wrong?
                      You cannot see Pondlife's message because he is on your ignore list.

Comment

Working...
                      X