• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question - Where's the money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    If anybody is massively in debt and cannot finance repayments they have only themselves to blame. Personally, I have my lowest debt levels for years, achieved by living within my means.
    Unless you become unemployed and can't get another job at a similar pay level.
    Unless you become long-term ill or are injured seriously.

Also, where on earth do you get the idea people are smart?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
      Oh and I've got a quarter of a mill. And no you can't have any
      I had

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        DimPrawn and threaded have got it all.

HTH
        WHS

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Loans, overdrafts and mortgages are payable on demand. As the banks run dry they are calling in loans particularly business loans even though the borrower has paid on time and regularly.

Those are 'normal' debts and will always occur. The post refers mainly to personal debt which has exploded since Gordon deregulated the banks and banks started lending vast amounts for mortgages that people had no chance of paying once interest rates hit almost 8%.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Unless you become unemployed and can't get another job at a similar pay level.
            Unless you become long-term ill or are injured seriously.

Also, where on earth do you get the idea people are smart?

Unemployment is a fact of life and worst-case scenarios should be envisaged when taking out loans. Too many people did not allow themselves any leeway for saving for a rainy day, or for covering increases in mortgage interest rates. Unfortunately, Gordon did not save either because he thought the good times would never end !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              That's only been true since Brown started interfering.

Before Brown, banks had similar amounts on deposit and lent out. What they obviously lacked was the liquidity to pay everyone at once.

But that wasn't really a confidence trick, because everyone accepts that's how banks were supposed to work. I save £100 and earn interest because the bank lends it back out to someone else at a higher rate.
              Safe for work - what money actually is.
              - the video doesn't start until 10 seconds in
              http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...74362583451279
              Last edited by Ivor Bigun; 2 February 2009, 08:13.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                Its in China and Japan.
                Yup, and some of the OPEC countries.

Comment

Cyberman This user is on your Ignore List.
                  I took the hint, and now don't quote him so as not to thwart people who Ignore him.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    I'm dreadfully in debt.

I owe the CC company £83.79.

Good man.... I mean reptile !! I always pay my CC balance off each month and haven't incurred interest or late payment charges for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                      I always pay my CC balance off each month and haven't incurred interest or late payment charges for years.
                      Fascinating. Your mom must be so proud.

Comment

Working...
                      X