• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pretty much the end of steelmaking in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I want more Lemon Curd.
    Thanks Mitch - interesting article. Will digest at my leisure.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

If you have innovation, you can always succeed. Think of a service/application, design it with your skills and use the cheap coders to do the grunt work - Asian developers are not well-known for their design/architecture skills.

There are millions of Asian coders... probably enough for every skilled UK developer to have their own personal team IF they can think of something worthwhile.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        What does it matter?
        It matters to me, personally.

I know that doesn't count for much in the order of things but it's just one more milepost on the road to ruin that this country is hurtling along.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I've always been a strong supporter of seven figure salaries for techies. Just seems logical to me.
          If you looked at the origins of any large and successful company today I'm pretty sure you would find that they were all founded by techies, rather than by MBA'ers, middle management and other highly paid hangers-on Today we outsource teckies and pride ourselves for our soft skills. Evolution in action.

Comment

You can't make steel that nobody will buy. If people start buying cars once more then those steel plants will reopen.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              You can't make steel that nobody will buy. If people start buying cars once more then those steel plants will reopen.
              But they won't reopen - that's the point.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                But they won't reopen - that's the point.
                Yeah, try getting planning permission for a decent sized conservatory, never mind a frickin steel works!

Comment

Working...
                X