• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obama poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.linkedin.com/profile?view...Y_*1_Relevance
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Not exactly many options here. One stupid positive one and the rest are negative... where's the "might do OK" option
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Not exactly many options here. One stupid positive one and the rest are negative... where's the "might do OK" option
        Did you notice who posted the poll?

Comment

Happy all the neo-con nutters are mostly gone. Let the US go back to the kind country it once was.

I was thinking about this last night...whilst wife was screaming at me for the fourth time that night...Has 9/11 contributed to the ability of a African-American to become President and is this just a one off?
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Your view on this man
            Having listened to the inaugural speech he sounds like he is taking America in a new direction from that followed by Bush.

Conciliation, reconciliation and communication seem to be his focus rather than Bush's "with us or against us" view.

He's saying he wants to talk to those in the Muslim world who are willing to talk but wont back down from those that want to carry on fighting.

He's made it clear the economy is a mess and can't be fixed over night, but he did commit to spending government money on infrastructure - Roads, Bridges, communications etc. Something that America badly needs and which will stimulate the economy far more than throwing money at the banks.

He's been given a hospital pass by the outgoing administration and he knows it. Fortunately for him so does the rest of the country and that will buy him the time he needs to prove whether he can make it work or not.

Overall I'm optimistic that he will make a difference. If the US can rehabilitate itself with the world, that has knock on benefits for us as the country most closy identified as America's ally.
            Last edited by DaveB; 21 January 2009, 12:00.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              It's not the man at the top who holds the power but those around him.
              I agree - I was leaning towards the "Tony Blair" option before I saw who he was putting in the top jobs and I think there's some excellent people there, not least Clinton which was a great move, IMO.
              Bored.

Comment

I noticed they announced him as Barrack 'aich' Obama

They really didn't want to say Hussain, wonder why?
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                  I had a dream - in December that I was reading his obituary in a newspaper in ther report altough I cannot recall the exact context - the number 42 was relevant - perhsp he will die on his 42nd week or monht of the presidency or in the 42nd state or by 42 bullets..
                  I have to agree, I don't think he'll last long. I don't wish him any harm, I just think that in a country where firearms are freely available, and there are enough nutters to fill Jerry Springer's (etc.) show each week, it only take one to 'get lucky'.
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Overall I'm optimistic that he will make a difference.
                    WHS

At long last there is someone that acknowledges things are screwed, and is actually is listening to his advisers.

Even if he can't achieve all that he has said he will, at least he is heading in the right direction and is pragmatic about it. Bush would have continued down the neo-con idealistic route, which is distinctly lacking of rationalism.
                    Originally posted by cailin maith
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Your view on this man
                      He cannot be as incompetent as Gordon Brown or Robert Mugabe, so he should avoid relegation.

Comment

Working...
                      X