• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rate Cut Rumours...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    No - I meant "accept the cut but jump as soon as the next contract appears"
    5% is nothing... maybe the rate he has is substantially more than any new contracts might offer, especially if other companies in the same sector are cutting 10-15% or more.

Surely the same logic as ever applies - if a substantially better contract comes along, give notice and jump ship. 5% just changes the definition of 'slightly' slightly
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
      Thanks a million.

Best to think that you've just got a new contract so you're safe for the time being.
      When you get into work, put a smile on your face and be grateful - You're still earning.
      As many say - 90% looks fantastic from 0%

Consider that there's plenty of hungry types who'd love to replace you for a lot less.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Well if you must stay in 5* hotels...
        It must be galling - finding out how many are paid more than you!

In a deal, "if you don't know who the mark is, then its you".
        Also, the reason why you don't know is because the ones that employ you are thinking "never give a sucker an even break"

Comment

anyone with Balls?

Did anyone have the guts to return the favour last time around? After a rate cuts when the economy improved did they find a new contract and give them 48 hours to decide on a rate increase?

Just curious? We got canned before the rate cuts (not direct customers fault Peter was a real gentleman, it was the end clients discovery of cheap imports) so I never got the chance.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post
            It must be galling - finding out how many are paid more than you!
            Heh, not really. I've only just got into contracting so the fact my £250-300/day is lower than you guys is far outweighed by the fact that my income for my just-finished first year is pretty much 2X my previous salary, despite the fact I worked 100% from home instead of having to take the train
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Did anyone have the guts to return the favour last time around? After a rate cuts when the economy improved did they find a new contract and give them 48 hours to decide on a rate increase?
              It's a tempting idea, but it would seem a hollow victory, or Pyrrhic for those of a classical disposition. My guess is that most clients would be shocked at your insolence, and drop you instantly. You would find out that they do indeed regard you as an employee: how it should work is that they offer work when they feel inclined, and you take what you get. Break that mould and they will hate you.

Comment

Working...
              X