• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How would being rich change your life?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Give loads of money to friends, so they don't have to be tied down with work either. No point being rich if all your friends have to work is there ? ..
    The snag is you'd suddenly find you had loads more friends, and you wouldn't know who your real friends were.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I'd do a venn diagram of the ones I know at the point of the win, and they'd be the Inner Circle. Any new ones go in to the Outer Circle, though with time can migrate Inwards depending on how things pan out.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Have a couple of people working for me, kind of like Max from Hart to Hart where someone looks after my interests but with a bit less of the mourdaa.

I would like to have house service so that my laundry would reapear back in the wardrobe the day after wearing, cleaned and ironed. Have someone do my cooking as well.

It's the general running of my life that I can't stand, the mundane duties, ironing your shirts on a Sunday, the weekly shop on Monday night. Actually going out and working is not that bad.

Comment

In addition to all of the nice things mentioned above, I would get my Ocean Master qualification, and buy a fleet of yachts - probably an ex-America's Cup type for racing (leave that in Cowes), an enormous dive platform type thing (leave that in Cyprus for easy access to the Red Sea) and several smaller 55s to leave around my favourite bits of the world.

I'd also learn to fly my own jet plane.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
          X