• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

School Bully

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The school - ha ha
    Teachers - ha ha.

My son in law started teaching last summer. 10 - 11 year olds.
    One third of the staff are off at any one time, he himself has had three weeks off with stress.
    His main concern in life is the bullying that HE is getting, never mind any of his little 'darlings'

all this is in a posh school in Edinburgh.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
      It WON'T help if you start shouting the odds and threatening to break culprits legs/his dad legs etc (even if you want to/feel like it).
      It worked for me (although it wasn't my Dad who broke the kid's cheek; it was me).
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Having a friend look out for him is a bit difficult because as a blind kid, there are not that many who actually want to be seen to hang around with him. He was really popular at primary but he went through that school with all the same kids and they took him for what he was. Unfortunately the kids he got on with there all went their seperate ways when making the move to high school and now James is seen as a bit of an odd kid and I guess is pretty lonely. Personally I was going to take him to school and kick off in a big way - but my wife didn't think that would help too much. I figured I'd give them today! If anything else happens, no matter how small I will be down there to sort things out and I will have no problem highlighting this further.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          Having a friend look out for him is a bit difficult because as a blind kid, there are not that many who actually want to be seen to hang around with him. He was really popular at primary but he went through that school with all the same kids and they took him for what he was. Unfortunately the kids he got on with there all went their seperate ways when making the move to high school and now James is seen as a bit of an odd kid and I guess is pretty lonely. Personally I was going to take him to school and kick off in a big way - but my wife didn't think that would help too much. I figured I'd give them today! If anything else happens, no matter how small I will be down there to sort things out and I will have no problem highlighting this further.
          ok. you cant get a 'minder'
          so get a 'terminator'

in my humble opinion

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

This head should get the whole school in an assembly, and call out the culprit.

If (s)he doesn't sort this out pronto, I'd go over their head and write to the local education authority (or send them a solicitor's letter). Also, write to the local paper and your local MP. This head is shamefully neglecting their responsibility.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Could you give your son a camera to take a picture of whoever the bully is, then you wont get done for covert filming and arm him with one of those personal attack alarms. Then take a picture of whoever is attacking him and if the guy tries to gram the camera set the alarm off?

My feeling is your son would be happier with being involved in catching the guy himself rather than relying on teachers

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                This head should get the whole school in an assembly, and call out the culprit.
                Trouble with that is that it does not consider the feelings of James, who will probably be very embarrased.

Difficult one, and one I haven't had to deal with. I've been mulling over how to advise my son (7) if he gets bothered. My view is the same as Mich the testers, but my ex and my current partner don't agree...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Could your son not be equipped with a very large guide dog?

How about this fellow;
                  child minder
                  Last edited by Mich the Tester; 9 January 2009, 11:28.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    If anything else happens, no matter how small I will be down there to sort things out and I will have no problem highlighting this further.
                    Keep calm. Fight them with their own bureaucracy. Do everything and anything you can to be a drain on their resources until its sorted. That will be less visible to your son also.

Comment

1)I think this is a serious enough issue to phone and demand an appointment, or even turn up and demand to see the head. Normal 'petty' bullying is serious but is unavoidable sometimes, but for a blind kid it's totally different.

2)I know no blind people, but does he really not know who people are from their voices? Or will the school refuse to beleive him based only on hearing?

3)For someone with a blind child, your signature is rather strange, don't you think?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X