• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Year, New Diet!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      Will anyone else be shedding the pounds over the next few months?

As some of you will know I weighed in at 19-13 at the start of last year, so this years 17-5 isn't too bad really (except for the fact that I had gone down to 15 something or other before my wedding).

Still, I have beauty and brains, so I can't hope for everything now can I?

So who's up for joining me in the weight name-and-shame challenge?
      I'll be joinging you on the diet band wagion!!

Back to fat club (WW) tomorrow

Best thing is, this is my busiest month at work and I usually lose about 10lbs - just need to make sure I don't put it all back on in Feb!! Want to get stone and a bit off before my holiday in March!!
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

It's not that hard Sal once you know what you shovel in your gob.

Go here and create an account.

Go here and work out your daily calorific requirement.

To lose weight, make sure you are taking in about 90% of your daily calorific needs, with a 20-40-40 split between fat, carbs and protein. Make sure you understand the difference between good fats and bad fats.

Take regular exercise.

Enjoy...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I think you'd have to be more than 7ft for 17-5 to be normal!!
          http://www.nhs.uk/healthprofile/Pages/BMI.aspx
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            I lost 3 stone last year.... I am now 11.5 stone. Exercise and sensible food is the way. Good Luck !!
            yep, have decided to hit the gym

it's not that i was eating badly just too many luxury meals

not sure what i weigh, don't own a scale (apart from one for food, standing on that would be a bad idea)

great breakfast smoothie recipe 1 banana, 2 satsumas, some berries, 100ml cranberry juice, 50 ml soya milk and 40g porridge oats.
            whizz and drink
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I started doing the slimming world thing again on 1st Jan. Today is a green day.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                Sally, do you have a mussie ?

Is that a type of dog?
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  great breakfast smoothie recipe 1 banana, 2 satsumas, some berries, 100ml cranberry juice, 50 ml soya milk and 40g porridge oats.
                  whizz and drink
                  Excellent start to the day.

Most people don't realise that exercise and clean food is key. Chuck out all the processed tulip that clogs up the shelves and make a proper lifestyle change. That will keep your weight down all the time rather than the typical yoyo effect of following diets.

It's no surprise that this thread appears in January.
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Will anyone else be shedding the pounds over the next few months?

As some of you will know I weighed in at 19-13 at the start of last year, so this years 17-5 isn't too bad really (except for the fact that I had gone down to 15 something or other before my wedding).

Still, I have beauty and brains, so I can't hope for everything now can I?

So who's up for joining me in the weight name-and-shame challenge?
                    Cripes, 19-13 sounds uncomfortable

I've been to about 18st as a max a couple of times, last time in October , lost a stone in the run up to xmas, put 4lbs on again (mostly goose fat and chocolate), back on the wagon again with calorie counting with the aim of hitting 15st in April. I've also taken up geocaching to get me out of the office at lunchtime and out with the family at the weekends in the great outdoors - up to 20 finds now

Comment

I am as usual on the January diet.
                      This morning I was 97.1 kg. I would like to go to 83 kg. But I will be ok hitting 88 kg this year.
                      when the snow has cleared I am starting to run 3 times per week.
                      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                      X