• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whiskey recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lagavulin, Macallan or Glenlivet

The double distilled lagavulin is incredibly peaty in taste so try the normal 16 year old first. I like it, but its normally too much for other people I've offered it too.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      That's what Bells is made for. I'm a bit of a purist with single malts, unless I could find some really top-class ginger ale (I can't). As for Laophraig, you could mix it with petrol and not affect the taste... it's not nasty but a bit too extreme for my taste.
      OK let me see if I can stir this up.

Has anyone else here tried a decent malt poured over vanilla ice cream?

Comment

No but if I had some very nice ice cream I might, maybe that white one from Scotland whatever it's called... I don't think single malt and Tesco Vanilla ice-cream would work!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Please can I have the audiences opinion on "Oban 14 Year Old Single Malt"?

Also, Johnny Walker Blue Label. I bought my Father a bottle of that a few years ago.

Comment

DIY
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Please can I have the audiences opinion on "Oban 14 Year Old Single Malt"?

Also, Johnny Walker Blue Label. I bought my Father a bottle of that a few years ago.
              Don't know about the Oban but Blue Label is about the best blend there is.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Kwik Save No Frills Scotch

Only the best in our house.
                I was on a bottle of Spar own brand whisky a day at one time. It was 40% proof and cheap enough to get a couple of bottles to hide round the house. I can recommend it if you fancy going down that route.

Having said that I never turned down a nice drop of Laphroaigh. Johnny Walker Green Label was good as well (I got it on a flight to Jersey of all places).
                When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                  Don't know about the Oban but Blue Label is about the best blend there is.
                  oban quite smoky, very smooth

the blue label is an "acquired taste" and is best used for cleaning your toilet
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    oban quite smoky, very smooth

the blue label is an "acquired taste" and is best used for cleaning your toilet
                    Must admit, not a fan of blended whiskys.

I like the peaty, smokey malts.

Just out of curiosity, I only ever put a small drop of water with my whisky. Never ice, and certainly no ginger ale or similar devil's piss.

What do you put in your malt?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                      Must admit, not a fan of blended whiskys.

I like the peaty, smokey malts.

Just out of curiosity, I only ever put a small drop of water with my whisky. Never ice, and certainly no ginger ale or similar devil's piss.

What do you put in your malt?
                      A good single malt MUST be drunk neat IMHO.
                      Otherwise you are taking away from the flavour.
                      I only put an ice cube or water in if the whisky is bollux, it hides the taste
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X