• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working Xmas Eve

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Is anyone billing for the whole day?
    You betcha.

Comment

I just sent my timesheet to client boss for approval which was has a finish time of 5PM, I have been informed that the site closes at 1:30 so I will need to adjust it to reflect this.

I rang the Agency for advice (the infamous Global Tech Solutions) who basically said tough, when I said they should be backing their contractors on this I was told I had a bad attitude. My contract states a professional working day FFS, it's not my fault if their permies want to treat it as a holiday (they wont be penalised I might add).

Anyone else getting similar ‘good will’ from their client??
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

People who aren't contractors are insane!!!
        Why, when you can earn more, do less and not be forced to travel ?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ok, dressed now.

As it's xmas eve people tend to pop round and it's probably better for all concerned if I'm looking vaguely presentable.

It's one of Mrs PL's house rules.

I will be billing for the whole day as I have a call at 15:30.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            I just sent my timesheet to client boss for approval which was has a finish time of 5PM, I have been informed that the site closes at 1:30 so I will need to adjust it to reflect this.

I rang the Agency for advice (the infamous Global Tech Solutions) who basically said tough, when I said they should be backing their contractors on this I was told I had a bad attitude. My contract states a professional working day FFS, it's not my fault if their permies want to treat it as a holiday (they wont be penalised I might add).

Hmmmm - I rarely agree with agents, but...

You're only working half a day, so you should only charge for half a day. I dont think the client or the agent have done anything wrong here. Why do you expect money for free?!

Sorry hun - dont like siding with "those people".
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

I am too.

The way i see it i'm on a day rate - they are going to let the permies go home at 12 and the site is shutting, so there is no way i can work even if i'd wanted to.

But why should i be penalised for them closing the site, the best part of my day will be gone and i cant work anywhere else this arvo...

Comment

Originally posted by Dante View Post
                  But why should i be penalised for them closing the site,
                  But that's like saying you're claiming for a day on Xmas Day too, as why should you be penalised for them closing the site.

You have to use a degree of common sense surely?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Client contact has told us to bill for the whole day but no so sure how his superiors will view this seeing as they've sent round an email tyelling everyone to go home at 12:30...

As a gesture of goodwill said agency have downgraded our work on Saturday to regular time. This is is due to the fact that the contract states that overtime rates are only applicable after the standard 37.5 hours for the week have been worked - and they start the working week on a Saturday....

[fastshowjazzclub]Nnnnnnnnnnnnnice![/fastshowjazzclub]

So the dilemma is, client contact has told us to bill the whole day, however we think that it might not be wise....
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

According to timesheet working all day!

Just had breakfast, client laying on coffee and mince pies, told to p*ss off after lunch ...

Its corny but lifes a beech!

Merrry Christmas to you all!!

Comment

Working...
                      X