• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sadguru's working day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Anyone else noticed how guru disappears at around 17:30 or even earlier? He claims to work in the City where workers supposedly work their 's off, long hours culture etc - even in good years he left home well early, what gives?

If he was a contractor (and not permie manager that he alleges to be) I'd understand his strict adherence to time keeping, however he is a permie who clearly does not work much (if at all) - if he is a manager as he claims, how can that be that he leaves work so early? That's bad attitude showing employees that you bugger off early?
    Very rarely, when there have been demanding delivery dates (and that only happens when you have a tulipe PM not a decent one) I have worked late. Otherwise I was always out the door at 5pm when I was in the City (although I did start between 7 and 8 am).

Last clientCo (a fund manager) did not have a long hours culture. Most people were gone by 5:30pm, and just about everyone was gone by 6pm. At 9pm all the lights were switched off and only activated by motion sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      One needs to get out more and savour what life has to offer.
      lose one's virginity.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Oh Dear. I think this thread proves once and for all:

1. What a really pathetic saddo atw is.
        2. How his perceptions and sense of how the world works is always wrong.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Have to agree.

Comment

1. What is the normal time you finish your work and bugger off home?

2. How long does it take for you to travel from your permanent place of work in London to your home?

Comment

I don't have a problem with that shauny, thing is - I don't care if nobody cares
              Good - stop posting then!
              Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                So what do you care about? Apart from squirrels?

Have you ever tried to fit it in one?

Comment

1. What is the normal time you finish your work and bugger off home?

2. How long does it take for you to travel from your permanent place of work in London to your home?

Reminds me of that Navy assessment:

He has reached rock bottom but6 continues to dig.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Reminds me of that Navy assessment:

He has reached rock bottom but6 continues to dig.
                    Why won't you answer these simple questions?

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                      Any more ATW posts and I might just skin a squirrel from my garden.
                      The fat one with the beady eyes.
                      I've got a good tip than I discovered recently.

Our neighbours have a bird feeder with fat balls in it. The squirrels love it, they hang on for ages trying to get at the seeds etc.

Keeps them really still - sets up a really easy shot for the air rifle!!

Comment

Working...
                      X