• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice on Roles/Rates to go for

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck off!

Seriously!
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by icw View Post
      Thanks all for help. (if applicable)

Ruprect - Point taken about question.
      No hard feelings.

Best Christmas wishes from the East Midlands

You're welcome. Just put it on my bill.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Comment

Originally posted by icw View Post
        Hi all,
        I've been succesfully running as a ltd company for the past three years offering GoldMine CRM and HEAT (helpdesk) training, consultancy, support etc This has included basic SQL server administration, SQL views, Crystal Reports (from 8 to 11) Communicating with users and managers. managing small to medium rollout projects

I usually charge between £300 - £400 per day for this work and end up working about 12-16 days in the month (which has been fine for me)
        Most of the work has been sub-contracting for resellers of the software. AS you can see it's a bit niche and has gone pretty quiet recently.

I'm thinking of going contracting in the new year. I 'm thinking initially to look at Data Analyst roles. Looking at my skill set is there anything else that stands out that might be worth looking at?
        Also am i being unrealistic if i look for roles that pay around £250 - £275 per day?

Cheers ducks!
        We are ok really, we just take a bit of getting used to...

I'd try the Info Analyst roles as mentioned earlier (don't be put off from applying simply because you don't have NHS experience), or maybe something in Service Management since you've been a helpdesk trainer. Service Desk Analyst roles to break into the operational contract market - go for a lower rate close to home if you can.

I suspect you'd only need one contract before you make Team leader and the +£200pd contracts...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Have a look at NHS Information Analyst roles. It's not a job I've done myself but there are always loads around. They may want NHS experience though - don't know if you'll get round it. Look on the usual boards.
          Sounds like a lot of quackery to me.

Comment

Working...
          X