• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice on Roles/Rates to go for

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you're quackers, evewy one of you
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Duck and Chips anyone?
      "His fame rested on solid personal achievements...."

Comment

FAO Ruprect,

Listen Love,
        I wasn't asking how much you earn per day!

Comment

Originally posted by icw View Post
          Hi all,
          I've been succesfully running as a ltd company for the past three years offering GoldMine CRM and HEAT (helpdesk) training, consultancy, support etc This has included basic SQL server administration, SQL views, Crystal Reports (from 8 to 11) Communicating with users and managers. managing small to medium rollout projects

I usually charge between £300 - £400 per day for this work and end up working about 12-16 days in the month (which has been fine for me)
          Most of the work has been sub-contracting for resellers of the software. AS you can see it's a bit niche and has gone pretty quiet recently.

I'm thinking of going contracting in the new year. I 'm thinking initially to look at Data Analyst roles. Looking at my skill set is there anything else that stands out that might be worth looking at?
          Also am i being unrealistic if i look for roles that pay around £250 - £275 per day?

Cheers ducks!
          Do, or not do. There is no try.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

If you've got the suit, boots and blarney, I'd go for 400 quid & NHS is hiring.
            Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by kanulondon View Post
              Duck and Chips anyone?
              With plum sauce for me please.....

Comment

FAO Ruprect,

Listen Love,
                I wasn't asking how much you earn per day!
                Weak repost. You did ask a silly question duck - you gave no indication of your location, industry, willingness to travel etc. You can charge what you like; remember its your company; as to whether or not clients will pay it is another matter.

I would guess you are east midlands?
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Disapointing level of duck content in that post. 0/10.
                  Out for a duck, I'd say.
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

Thanks all for help. (if applicable)

Ruprect - Point taken about question.
                    No hard feelings.

Best Christmas wishes from the East Midlands

Comment

Thanks all for help. (if applicable)

Ruprect - Point taken about question.
                      No hard feelings.