• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to depart...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    How about this? For 30,000 pounds you can get a small but comfy apartment in the very smart Palermo district of Buenos Aires. Pay cash, take some savings and just give up trying to get rich. Just live life in the sun instead.

Linky
    Jump off the rat-race and stop competing with those who are still on it, and your life could become much better.

You could buy a home in most countries for a sum that many contractors could find in cash: not a 3-bed etc in the UK with garage that you fill with all that stuff that you're not quite sure you'll ever have a use for, a garden that you never find the time to do, in a location where you're paying 1/3 extra just for the supposed convenience of a railway station for your 45-minute commute being "only" 20 minutes walk away; but a home in a place where you can live your life.

PS have I? Not yet.....

Comment

Thanks

This turned out to be something of a mammoth thread!

Thanks to you all for your comments, I hope you liked the article on yesterday's front page.

But also apologies to SallyAnne for missing the 'e' and to GingerJedi for not attributing the opening quote - I fixed that for you so rest happy that your fame will not be diminished.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by WKnight View Post

Thanks to you all for your comments, I hope you liked the article on yesterday's front page.

But also apologies to SallyAnne for missing the 'e' and to GingerJedi for not attributing the opening quote - I fixed that for you so rest happy that your fame will not be diminished.

Cheers
        Where's my quote about the UK being full of alien reptilian shape-shifters? Shoddy work, Will.

Comment

Cheers
          If you thought it was a subject that would attract the readership's interest, I'd say you were proved right.

Comment

some people dont want to face up to the truth...its the illuminati again!

notice this occured at the same time as there was talk of freemasons on here.
            coinidence?! yeah right thats they want you to believe!!!! your all puppetss! arrrrgh!
            "I'm more of a warrior than you'll ever be. I believe in the class war. I believe in the battle of the sexes. I believe in my tribe. I believe in the righteous, inteligent clued-up section of society against the brain-dead moronic masses as well as the mediocre, soulless bourgeoisie. I believe in punk rock. In northern soul. In acid house. In mod. In rock and roll. I also believe in pre commercial righteous, rap and hip hop. Thats my manifesto"

Comment

Hang on, that was another thread. Sorry.

It wasn't me anyway.

Comment

Well I arrived back in Australia 2 weeks ago, scored a management role with a small, growing company at the top of their game and even got a corner office

I took a big pay cut from my UK contracting wage, but I'm living rent and mortgage-free and enjoying the weather (25 degrees since I got back) and long days. Leaving work at 5pm is no problem either.

Not missing anything about London yet, except some friends.
                Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Get in - I got the last word in the article

Mwahahahahaha!!!!
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Cheers
                    And where is my thanks for pointing out that the "e" was missed?

Never trust the media I tell you.....

Comment

Working...
                    X