• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women and Thermostats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    If you lived in a hard water area, she'd be right!

Boiling will cause dissolved salts to precipitate, thus raising its boiling point. So, next boil is at a higher temperature. Did she leave you for someone with an O level in chemistry?
    That's A level syllabus now

Comment

My missus turns the thermostat up in the boiler, so the house is never any warmer but the water from the taps is scalding.

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
        Hum....you need a option to ' Put a Jumper on if you are cold'

'tis what hubby always tells me anyway!
        yes that's what option e should do - ask the person who presses the switch if they have a jumper and 2 pairs of socks on! Oh that reminds me - now that winter has kicked in I must find her slippers you can put in the microwave for real toe toasting...
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

From last winters post about the same subject:

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          You need a better system, something more direct that a female mind can comprehend, such as putting the following pictures on the thermostat:

A picture of a luxurious Maldives holiday at the 15°C marker

A picture of a holiday in Costa del Sol with a basket of chicken n chips at the 21°C marker

A picture of a carvan in Bognor with a plate of tripe at the maximum marker
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
            Is it only my woman who doesn't have a clue how thermostats work? She just jacks it up to the max (i.e. beyond the 25 max marker) because she thinks it'll heat up the house faster...

I'm sure this is a typical woman thing.
            Yes it's a female truism
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              That's A level syllabus now
              MSc, just checked.

Comment

Being a bloke, I clearly understand the point about thermostats etc, however, answer me this:

Got in the car on the way home tonight...weather freezing, around zero degrees. Turn the temp on the car to about 22 degrees and hit the "auto" button on the climate control and guess what happened? Yep, fan goes to full speed and blasts freezing cold air into car for first few miles.

So are cars secretly women? Is that why mine is so tempromental once a month?

"Keep them at 24,000"
                "No, feet"

Comment

The other mystery is why in winter, 20 degrees is too cold, yet in summer (when we're somewhere with air conditioning), 20 degrees is too hot.

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
                    The other mystery is why in winter, 20 degrees is too cold, yet in summer (when we're somewhere with air conditioning), 20 degrees is too hot.
                    its all about perception. Like someone who drives 1mph slower than you is an idiot, someone who drives 1mph faster is a lunatic

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by TCL View Post
                      Being a bloke, I clearly understand the point about thermostats etc, however, answer me this:

Got in the car on the way home tonight...weather freezing, around zero degrees. Turn the temp on the car to about 22 degrees and hit the "auto" button on the climate control and guess what happened? Yep, fan goes to full speed and blasts freezing cold air into car for first few miles.

So are cars secretly women? Is that why mine is so tempromental once a month?
                      hmmm - the wife's toyota doesn't do that - it waits until the engine warms up a bit before blasting!
                      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                      X