• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women and Thermostats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is not only your woman who does this.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
      One thing I have noticed though, if you never turn the heating off, just down a few degrees, then it doesn't take so long to warm back up again.

At leat that keeps the wife happy, god knows what it does to the environment...
      Interesting point there. When we both worked full time before the kids, the house was left unheated all day in the week and between 10.00pm and 6.00am every night. When we had the first baby we kept the heating on 24 x 7. The number of extra gas units burned year on year was increased by not much at all, I can't remember the exact number, but much less than you'd think.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Haha, I don't know, I'm still not convinced!!

But trust me that this particular girl would not have ben taking these theories into consideration. We split up as I found out she was getting a lot of "heat other heat sources" inserted into her!!

Comment

It scares me that my girlfriend is a practicing doctor but still fails to grasp to the concept of a thermostat. I nearly sat her down last year and drew a graph explaining the relationship between heat and time and the effect the thermostat has on it. They actually do believe that putting the heat value up makes the house warmer quicker.

I want one of those fake thermostats for the girlfriend she can just change whenever she wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
            The one that gets me is when we jump in the car at 06.00 hours to take me to the airport and she sticks the blower on full. No stupid woman, wait for the water temperature to rise!!!!
            funny enough she may be correct. The act of switching on the blower will cause more current to flow through the wiring. This,as you know, generates heat. The net effect will be for the car to warm up one milisecond sooner, which may not seem much, and it isn't

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
              The one that gets me is when we jump in the car at 06.00 hours to take me to the airport and she sticks the blower on full. No stupid woman, wait for the water temperature to rise!!!!
              Perhaps she is preempting your early morning eggy blasts?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                It scares me that my girlfriend is a practicing doctor but still fails to grasp to the concept of a thermostat. I nearly sat her down last year and drew a graph explaining the relationship between heat and time and the effect the thermostat has on it. They actually do believe that putting the heat value up makes the house warmer quicker.

I want one of those fake thermostats for the girlfriend she can just change whenever she wants.
                I once had a doctor ask if my twins (one boy and one girl) were identical!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  funny enough she may be correct. The act of switching on the blower will cause more current to flow through the wiring. This,as you know, generates heat. The net effect will be for the car to warm up one milisecond sooner, which may not seem much, and it isn't

I disagree Sir. As you know (), the air get's its temperature from blowing across the heat exchanger (radiator). This is designed to transfer heat from the hot coolant that flows through it to the air blown through it by the fan. Now, if you are blowing freezing cold air over freezing cold coolant, the logic is not hard to see that it's going to take you longer to heat that freezing cold coolant.

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                  Perhaps she is preempting your early morning eggy blasts?
                  I'm not the man carrying eggs to work in my pocket.
                  "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

must be the only woman who keeps the thermostat at 15-18ish

i'd better run downstairs and turn it up to 25!!!
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

So about the same time as the amber light appearing and the guy in the car behing leaning on his horn.

Comment

Working...
                      X