• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WotLK - How far in are you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    Yeah it can seriously damage your life if you become addicted to playing it.

In game you can type /played and it tells you in DAYS/HOURS/MINUTES how long you've been online playing your character.

One guy I was speaking to last week had a total of 210 days /played ... each day is 24 hours of gameplay.. so in effect he's spent 210 full 24 hour days of his life on his PC playing this character.

With the game having been out roughly 3 years, that's approximately 1000 days.. so 1000 / 210 equates to an average of 5 hours playtime every day for 3 years solid.

If you take a typical age of someone able to do this of say, 19 years old for instance (which is the age of the person who told me this).. then 365 * 19 = 6935 days alive. Taking a rough guide of 12 hours sleeping every day, that is 3467 days awake and able to play WoW.

(210 / 3467) * 100 = 6.06% of his entire living life playing a game.

*Quite crazy really.

*If I f**ked up any of the maths, that's why I'm not a maths teacher.

It's getting deleted immediately. Well, one more instance...
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I just reached level 91 and my balls now are considerably larger. In fact most monsters stare in awe and is much easier to kill them. I have now slept with the ELf Queen , the Human Queen and her daughter and in fact had chat sex with three fellow female players ( so they say ).

Comment

I was speaking to someone under the age of 20 the other day, they said that WoW is to be avoided due to infiltration by paedos.

Is this really true?

Comment

I was speaking to someone under the age of 20 the other day, they said that WoW is to be avoided due to infiltration by paedos.

Is this really true?
          Complete borrox and sounds like a story "A mate of a mate down the pub said.."

Besides, AFAIK all chat in WOW is logged on Blizzard Servers, and players know this.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            Complete borrox and sounds like a story "A mate of a mate down the pub said.."
            TBH that's what I thought

Comment

Have a look at this website, you will see what it does to people. Read their REAL LIFE stories about how it can really **** you up.

http://www.wowdetox.com/
              The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Have a look at this website, you will see what it does to a small percentage of people. Read their REAL LIFE stories about how it can really **** you up
                10 million + players, so it's reasonable to expect that there will be some who overdo it. Just like drink, drugs, gambling, golf or any other leisure pursuit taken to extremes.

Just thought it was worth putting things in to perspective.
                Last edited by Board Game Geek; 19 November 2008, 02:45.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

The project I've been lead developer on is actually a browser-based MMORPG, having said that I'd never play such games if they don't cater for people who just want to play for an hour and have fun. This whole grinding away to slowly climb some ladder of wealth/power sounds like normal life, I prefer my games to let me do things I can't in real life.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
                    In game you can type /played and it tells you in DAYS/HOURS/MINUTES how long you've been online playing your character.
                    nooooo dont say that...

i'll take a look tonight
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

74 now. Plodding along nicely.
                      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X