• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever been done for speeding?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend of mine got nicked when he caught up with a unmarked police car on a dual carriageway whilst out on his moterbike when day. Wouldn't have been so bad but the police car was chasing someone at the time.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I got caught M40 last year on xmas day as I was heading up north Unmarked Blue Impreza Turbo with massive rear spoiler, I thought it was just some chav, was clocked at 94mph but road was clear.

Comment

Apart from a couple of usual 3 pointers, I got fined a week's wages plus a 6 week ban for driving 'fast' on the motorway when it was 11pm and completely empty.

Of course, a week's wages, back then, were about the same as I now earn in half a day

Anyway, speeding fines are just another tax on the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
          Yes, but have elected to do one of those speed awareness courses to avoid the points. Anyone else done one, did you learn anything interesting other than speed kills
          Speed doesn't kill at all.....

....it's the sudden stop that does it!

Comment

Twice this year.

And on my way home today I saw a camera flash in front of me. I'm 99% sure it got the car in front, but I was doing the same speed so perhaps that was a lucky escape.

That's what comes from half a day at ClientCo. with nothing much to do: driving home half asleep at lunchtime.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              shockingly, there are a large number of people who stick to the speed limits and have never had a point on their license
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                shockingly, there are a large number of people who stick to the speed limits and have never had a point on their license
                I'm not convinced the number of people who stick to the speed limits is large, but I take your point.

I imagine that number is also dropping daily...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Where's the "CM is my chauffeur - she likes racing against minis" option?

Comment

1989 3 points 50 in a 30 by proper filth in a rover 800 with bucket type blue light
                    since caught twice by camera
                    34 in a 30
                    >60 on a dual carriageway
                    no points or fine for both
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 14 November 2008, 15:17.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

yep got done in France for doing 136mph - was slowing down from 170mph in the Jag. Fined €136 and then got a letter home a week or two later saying they wanted a further €500 Didn't pay it, and that was over 6 years ago now.........been to France plenty since with no problems.....
                      SA says;
                      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                      (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                      X