• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever been done for speeding?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got caught once on the M6 doing 96mph, luckily i'd seen the camera and slowed down, otherwise it would have been a ban!

I generally try and stick to the speed limits unless I am in a particular hurry and the motorway is clear....
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post

Anyway, speeding fines are just another tax on the people.
      And shoplifting fines?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        And shoplifting fines?
        Shoplifters of the world unite and take over.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I got 3 points in 95, 4 in 96, 3 in 02, 3 in 04. I am now clean.

4 points was for arguing with judge

Comment

Only one 3 pointer on the motorway 10 years ago. Since then a few near misses. Not bad average considering I speed everytime I drive, even if only by a few miles an hour.

Maybe I've been lucky, but I try to drive without distractions. So no radio, telephone, or bimbo blowing me. Usually the only time I get some peace and quiet, and it lets me concentrate on watching out for the fuzz and numpty drivers.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Never been done for speeding in 33 years of driving, but more by luck than judgement in my earlier days. Nowadays, I never speed because it's just too expensive on petrol. I save a fortune by driving defensively, in petrol and insurance costs.

Comment

They'll have to catch me first...way too fast...

Comment

Originally posted by Romanymagic View Post
                  They'll have to catch me first...way too fast...
                  Yeah right.

What's the speed of a Police Radio?

Comment

First time. 35/30 Fined £20 but not points.
                    Second time 78/70 on motorway fixed penalty £60 + 3 points.
                    Third time 38/30 let off by police because once I saw the radar gun I stopped the car so there was not enough distance to confirm the speed.
                    Forth time 36/30 I changed the case and the case was dropped.
                    Fifth time 31/30 Fined £420 + 3 points because I challenged it in Court.
                    Sixth time yet to come
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                      Nowadays, I never speed because it's just too expensive on petrol. I save a fortune by driving defensively
                      That's offensive not defensive. The number of accidents you slow coaches (and truckers) cause because people with somewhere to get in a hurry have to make risky overtaking manouvers.

It's safest to keep up with the flow of traffic. Going slower should be the offence, not faster.
                      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                      Feist - I Feel It All
                      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                      X