• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever been done for speeding?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got stopped doing 72 in a 40. Let off.

Breathalysed a few times.

No points ever.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I got 'done' for speeding in 1989, I had a letter through the post saying I was doing 43 in a 30 zone 5 months previous, I was never stopped.

When I went to court I argued that I couldn't possibly admit to doing something that I couldn't remember as it was now 6 months ago, they doubled the fine and gave me 3 points for having the cheek to argue.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Never caught. Don't even drive anymore: too many speeding, discourteous and downright deadly morons on the roads these days. One less, now that I've packed it in.

Comment

Caught three times. One was carelessness, the other two were entirely accidently. All of them just over. But I've no complaints, as it is my responsibility as a driver, and no points because I live in a civilized country.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

lost license for 30 days + £250 fine for doing 63 in 30

Comment

Licence

Comment

Not been caught since 1990 I have slowed down a lot.

Comment

Caught and fined several times - last year was the first year for 13 years that I finally had a clean licence...
                  Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
                    lost license for 30 days + £250 fine for doing 63 in 30
                    You can get 60 days for that. And I don't mean 60 days with no licence.

And maybe you should

Comment

Got caught by an unmarked cop car on the M56 in Jan 2006. He said I was clocked doing 92. It's a good job he hadn't seen me earlier as I was going faster. Got 3 points and a fine. Up to that point I hadn't had any. It bugs me that I have to declare these points for 5 years on my insurance when they expire after 4.
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X