• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ghosts! Ever seen one?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was alone in the house one evening, I sat down to enjoy a good book and cracked open a new bottle of finest malt. I must have dozed off because when I woke up, someone or something had drunk all the whisky and there was ectoplasm all over the floor.

Thieving ghosty barstard.

Comment

Ghost belief makes religious belief look sensible. Probably not as much fun though.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
        Even worse is when you try your pockets first (i.e. physically putting both hands right into your pockets) and eventually find them in there after all a few minutes later...
        What, they make your hands disappear when you put them in your pockets?

Comment

two things make me doubt what my brain tells me.

first off, as a lad in the military I had to go for days without sleep. Some of the hallucinations I had were extraordinary, I believed them , but disbelieved them all at the same time.

Second, I have a close brother who is a priest. There is no doubt that he truly believes, but how is it that two brains (that must be very similar) can operate in such fundamentally different ways ? One of us has to be totally wrong and deluded.

I just hope it's him

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

We had a ghost in our house. I started a thread here about it some time ago. Very very freaky experience indeed.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ighlight=ghost

Comment

you guys are all talking bollux - it is just your feeble brains messing with you. It is prone to make up explanations for whatever input it gets in order to make sense of it. Hence a strange light can become explained as a white "ghost".

But if you want to delude yourself then please keep going. I might exploit your issues to buy a cheap "haunted" house one day because some sad git believe there is a ghost living in it. Moron.
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                you guys are all talking bollux - it is just your feeble brains messing with you. It is prone to make up explanations for whatever input it gets in order to make sense of it. Hence a strange light can become explained as a white "ghost".

But if you want to delude yourself then please keep going. I might exploit your issues to buy a cheap "haunted" house one day because some sad git believe there is a ghost living in it. Moron.
                Thats my take also.
                Now if the gf would just stop sticking a crucifix up her f***y I would be 100% convinced

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post

All right, who drank my whisky then, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
                    ... However, I can't explain how things go missing in there - say you're looking for your car keys and you look on the dining table. They're not there, so you look in some other places, can't find them and look on the dining table... and there they are, in clear view.

Even worse is when you try your pockets first (i.e. physically putting both hands right into your pockets) and eventually find them in there after all a few minutes later...
                    That's just a normal part of being a bloke. I think we generate little "bermuda triangle" fields, that cause things to disappear. Then when our wives search, they disrupt the field, and whatever we've lost springs back into existence.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                      ...they happened pretty much as soon as he was burnt...
                      who was burnt? why was he burnt? where was he burnt? what is this stuff about burning?

Comment

Working...
                      X