• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changes to incapacity benefits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You deny there are a huge number of people falsely claiming benefits, or too lazy to try and find work because the benefits are quite high?
    I'm saying that the government objective is spending cuts, not getting people back to work, and that they are engaged in more trickery.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I'm less concerned with WHY they are doing things, than WHAT they are doing.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        I have never understood why taking people out of work is deemed a cure for especially mental illness. Surely sitting at home doing nothing is far worse than going to work.
        I think you misunderstand the effects of depression... people suffering are sometimes physically unable to get out of bed, if they were forced into work they'd just sit and stare at the screen all day. Actually, maybe they'd fit right in!

Comment

I think you misunderstand the effects of depression... people suffering are sometimes physically unable to get out of bed, if they were forced into work they'd just sit and stare at the screen all day. Actually, maybe they'd fit right in!
          I prescribe Prozac and a kick up the arse
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            balls

national service and bring back the birch

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              And if that doesn't work, tell them "pull yourself together"?

Comment

And if that doesn't work, tell them "pull yourself together"?
                Then sacrifice them to appease the gods to bring the economy back on track. Well, worth a punt, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  ...an infinite number of fit, young migrants ...
                  At this point, I stopped reading and my imagination just took over. Fit... young... mmmmmmmmm
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    At this point, I stopped reading and my imagination just took over. Fit... young... mmmmmmmmm
                    Exactly! Who do you want working for you; a bit of eastern euro totty or some sick, poverty-worn chav?

"get 'em back to work", my
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                      The snot goblin has got to cut spending somewhere, so why not start with an easy target, the sick. The government has been running a very effective spin campaign that all those on sickness benefit are malingerers. None of them are ever going to find an employer who will take them on when there are an infinite number of fit, young migrants to do the job.

It is just a spending cut by stealth and a good way of masking the actual rise in unemployment.
                      opposition

It's been obvious to anyone with a brain cell that NL have moved people off unemployment benefit on to the sick so they can claim they are reducing unemployment.

All NL should be shot in the head. Starting with Hazel Blears...
                      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                      X