• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budge up.......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Why does everyone assume they will not be extended again?

If I go I know clientco will suffer at the hands of the permie numpties.....
    I happened to see all the contractor-replacement permies being interviewed. Kind of gave the game away!
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I'm currently writing a job spec for my replacement.

Comment

I'll keep a spot warm for you, could do with the company. Been here three weeks now and that market just keeps getting worse. Rates for some jobs have halved in the last couple of months.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I've been benchwarming for a few months, beginning to wonder if I was a bit rash taking a break when I did. Warchest can stand another 12 months though.

Noticable that advertised rates are somewhat down from what they were.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            I've been benchwarming for a few months, beginning to wonder if I was a bit rash taking a break when I did. Warchest can stand another 12 months though.

Noticable that advertised rates are somewhat down from what they were.
            I've been working it out, I think I can do 10 months at a push. Fingers crossed I don't need to...
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

My contract is until end of December. Honestly don't know if they'll extend, honestly won't care if they don't*....

*I won't be the only one if they do
              Last edited by cojak; 17 October 2008, 18:55.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
                I'll come and join you in March...
                me too, possibly. That's when my current contract ends.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Currently I won't be there before July*

Hope you're all long gone by then

* unless things go tits up
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                  X