• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here still banking with an Icelandic bank?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    **** me I'd be a bit more pro-active if I had £200K riding on this one.

"FSA website says just wait and they will contact you."

Call them (on the phone, you know the thing people used before the Internet) and demand to know why your BACS was reversed and you'd like to have an official complaint on record. Ask about the legality of what has happened to you.

Then phone the BBC and give them your story.
    Just this once do as the Dim one says

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Then phone the BBC and give them your story.
      Looks like someone's done something similar already:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7659045.stm

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        This is very worrying, the Daily Mash appears to have changed from satire to reporting reality.
        It makes about as much sense...

...to me anyway. Mr peston will explain it clear as crystal to me later.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post

Thats not me , I suppose at least I'm lucky I dont have dependents like them or need the £ quickly and I did have some cash stashed else where.

Rang FSA, FSCS and its all still up in the air ICESAVE still havent declared insolvency, there is even talk now that the accounts might be sucked up by another bank, there is nothing more I can do but wait now.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post

$200k! Just sitting accumulating interest... (at least WAS accumulating interest)? Piss on 'em - they aren't THAT hard-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
              $200k! Just sitting accumulating interest... (at least WAS accumulating interest)? Piss on 'em - they aren't THAT hard-up.

Why keep all of that money in one account when they should know that only a limited sum is actually guaranteed. It's stupidity !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                Why keep all of that money in one account when they should know that only a limited sum is actually guaranteed. It's stupidity !!
                They are Welsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  Why keep all of that money in one account when they should know that only a limited sum is actually guaranteed.
                  Probably greed. The more cash you have in a single account the more interest you are likely to earn with the scaled interest rate structures most savings accounts have.

Comment

I was going to transfer what was left in Kaupthing into my ING account. But ING have done it for me!

http://www.kaupthingedge.co.uk/
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Its official..

Icesave default declared

At least the compensation process can now start.
                      Last edited by Clippy; 8 October 2008, 21:38.

Comment

Working...
                      X