• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Book Club: Currently reading...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Ahh, bit of reverse thingie going on? Actually not biting, could care less - just an honest observation. Go site google CUK and do a search on book recommendation and prove me wrong.

It's almost a universal law that in any book recommendation thread, on any site someone comes back with that answer.
    couldn't

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
      And he bites,

again

BTW Are you a sockpuppet of Tays owner?
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Ahh, bit of reverse thingie going on? Actually not biting, could care less - just an honest observation. Go site google CUK and do a search on book recommendation and prove me wrong.

It's almost a universal law that in any book recommendation thread, on any site someone comes back with that answer.
        Why do you think that is?

maybe it's because the poster knows some self rightous sanctemonious git like yourself will get on their high horse about it and they think that is funny.

Or maybe it is because they have young children who are learning to read and are genuinely reading Spot goes to the park with them, but the mind numming tedium of reading the same page over and over again makes them actually want to get to the end of the book and find out what happens.....

Who am I to decide?
        Still Invoicing

Comment

BTW Are you a sockpuppet of Tays owner?
          Nah, are you?
          Still Invoicing

Comment

Why do you think that is?

maybe it's because the poster knows some self rightous sanctemonious git like yourself will get on their high horse about it and they think that is funny.

Or maybe it is because they have young children who are learning to read and are genuinely reading Spot goes to the park with them, but the mind numming tedium of reading the same page over and over again makes them actually want to get to the end of the book and find out what happens.....

Who am I to decide?
            Nah, honestly I just pointed out how un-original it is. It's just an observation. Seems you're the one that's biting to me, and now you're trying to justify it by quoting your kids as the excuse, I got two as well. I read equally tedious stuff to them. Big deal, I don't come crying here about it.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Got two on the go:

A quite vendetta - RJ Ellory
              LA Confidential - James Ellroy

Comment

Nah, honestly I just pointed out how un-original it is. It's just an observation. Seems you're the one that's biting to me, and now you're trying to justify it by quoting your kids as the excuse, I got two as well. I read equally tedious stuff to them. Big deal, I don't come crying here about it.

Where did I say I was reading anything to my kids?
                Still Invoicing

Comment

Where did I say I was reading anything to my kids?
                  I thought that was what you were implying. Anyway, this is like having a argument in a library, it doesn't seem right so I'll leave it to go back on topic.

Comment

Titus Groan - Meryvn Peake
                    Babel-17 - Sam Delaney
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You really need to go out and get laid snaw.

There's a lot of tension there son that needs releasing. Snapping at people on here for posting (almost but not quite) humorous posts is not the way to go.

have a hug and calm down mate
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X