• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's sooooooo GOOD !!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what point you're trying to make (as usual)?

Your trolling is on a par with mailman at the mo

2/10 : Could do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Who? Cybertory?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        It just goes to show though that when the chips are down we are best going it alone !!
        There's no difference......all Euro countries are going it alone on this one!!!!!
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Who? Cybertory?
          Of course. Who else is there.

Comment

Of course. Who else is there.
            Point taken. I did however go back and re-read the thread in case I'd posted something more daft than usual. Guilty conscience and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
              1 Oct 2009 Pound buys 1.0800 Euro ............ ?
              €0.50
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The point I was making, which is a follow up to what I have stated before, is that the European Central Bank cannot call on us to bail out banks in Spain, France, Germany etc. because we are NOT in the Euro and the ECB does not control us. It does control all of the countries in the Euro.

However, there is a downside in that our BofE and HMG managed to cause a bank run due to their incompetence whereas the ECB has managed to provide liquidity and support without causing a run. Northern Rock would not have been nationalised under the ECB, that's for sure, as liquidity would have been provided quietly and anonnymously.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  The point I was making, which is a follow up to what I have stated before, is that the European Central Bank cannot call on us to bail out banks in Spain, France, Germany etc. because we are NOT in the Euro and the ECB does not control us. It does control all of the countries in the Euro.

However, there is a downside in that our BofE and HMG managed to cause a bank run due to their incompetence whereas the ECB has managed to provide liquidity and support without causing a run. Northern Rock would not have been nationalised under the ECB, that's for sure, as liquidity would have been provided quietly and anonnymously.
                  That's some downside!

Comment

.. before some smart alec comes along, yes, I have accidentally typed two 'n's.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                      That's some downside!

It is indeed, but its a New Lie instigated downside which anybody with an ounce of commonsense could have avoided by keeping their mouths shut, and that will be rectified in 2010 !!

The strong reasons for remaining out of the Euro and thus keeping control of our own interest rates still persist.

Comment

Working...
                      X