• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who is turning to a permie role

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I went permie 2 weeks ago...

Am actually really enjoying it

Wait until week 4 or 5 !

I've was touted for a permie job recently and floated it by the Mrs, she laughed out loud and that was enough to put me straight. One of the problems is a lot of firms chop the permies first ( ie. at my current gig ) when times start to get tough so I would be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
      Wait until week 4 or 5 !

I've was touted for a permie job recently and floated it by the Mrs, she laughed out loud and that was enough to put me straight. One of the problems is a lot of firms chop the permies first ( ie. at my current gig ) when times start to get tough so I would be careful.
      Actually my Mrs has noticed my renewed enthusiasm since starting this permie job. Fortunately as well things are unlikely to get tough (vey cash rich organisation that generates most of its revenue outside of the UK) so am not worried on that front. The fact that I am the one doing the hiring/firing also helps

PS...and provided I make my bonus the money is better.

Comment

Actually my Mrs has noticed my renewed enthusiasm since starting this permie job. Fortunately as well things are unlikely to get tough (vey cash rich organisation that generates most of its revenue outside of the UK) so am not worried on that front. The fact that I am the one doing the hiring/firing also helps

You can't fool me ! You're DOOMED !

Comment

You can't fool me ! You're DOOMED !
          BOOMED!

Comment

don't think I'll ever be permie again. Master of my own destiny

Comment

The permie trap is set.

DOOOOOOMED.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Wait until week 4 or 5 !

I've was touted for a permie job recently and floated it by the Mrs, she laughed out loud and that was enough to put me straight.
                My other half did exactly the same, then waved my last credit card bill and asked what part of my "discretionary" spending was going to curtailed.

Interesting role, stuff I want to do, but quite as fiscally rewarding as the last 8 years.

As some one has on their sig - we are in this for tulip loads of money.
                "All around me I see chaos and confusion, my work here is done...."

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  The permie trap is set.

DOOOOOOMED.
                  Not really, even if I don't the money is as good.

Comment

The trap is not the money - it's the wage-slave mindset...
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      The trap is not the money - it's the wage-slave mindset...
                      Slave to a wage or a contract...difference?

Comment

Working...
                      X