• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jetman

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy is amazing, did you see the vid of his test flight in switzerland(?).

I just want to hear him say "to infinity and beyond" just once.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

How come he doesn't burn his ar5e on the jet exhausts?
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

from BBC news

Pilot postpones jetpack adventure

A Swiss pilot's attempt to become the first person to fly solo across the English Channel using a single jet-propelled wing has been delayed.

Yves Rossy aimed to make the 22-mile (35.4 km) flight from Calais to Dover on Thursday, but his attempt was postponed because of bad weather.

The former military pilot plans to repeat the attempt on Friday.
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          How come he doesn't burn his ar5e on the jet exhausts?
          The jets are mounted on the wings either side of him.

The unpowered version of this has already been done. That guy jumped from 30,000 feet though, not 8,200.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Before Timberwolf see's this.. (and having checked after posting) i'll agree with you now
            Using the figures in the second link; height 2,500 m and distance to cover 35,000 m, means a glide ratio of 1 in 14. Just about feasible with a hang glider I'd have thought. A 747 too. And a car (on sloping ground). His device doesn't have the finesse of a hang-glider though. A sailpane (finess of 60) could glide 4 times that distance from that height.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Glide Ratio?

From 8,200 feet ability to glide 23 miles? I don't think so!
              He could go on indefinitely if he used a paraglide wing, someone must have invented a deployable one by now?

Do you get thermals over the sea??
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...Propelled_Wing

He's bottled it!
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

read 4 posts above yours..

keep up at the back
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

so he's it today (or has done it...).

is he dead yet?
                    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Live feed on the BBC now
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X