• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jetman

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy is behind the times.

Michael Crawford was flying about like this in the 80's.

Comment

He did it

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
        He did it
        Fantastic. What a ballsy bastard

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
          Anyone working from home watching this? let me know if he dies please...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...-video-ap.html
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7634927.stm
          Din't think it was all that amazing.

Perhaps the DoD will buy some for the CIA agents... now that would be cool.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Its was quite entertaining watching the live feed after the action had finished.

"Errr.... BBC helicopter to newsdesk. How much longer do you want us to stay on the task? over"

"Umm... news helicopter to newsdesk. Can we go now? over".

"Any chance we can go now? over"

They ended up with the camera in the chopper with the crew gurning and waving before the newsdesk finally woke up and pulled the plug.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Me neither, it's not as if he was going to hit anything. Where is the danger and what is the accomplishment? Basically a bit of rocketry tomfoolery and a parachute jump, if his pants don't catch on fire. Would a hang-glider pilot have set this record first if he'd lit a bunsen burner for a few seconds before gliding across the channel?

There was someone last year who said he wanted to try and land with his jetpack - on a snow slope I believe. Now would be something, and dangerous/jolly foolhardy too.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Me neither, it's not as if he was going to hit anything. Where is the danger and what is the accomplishment? Basically a bit of rocketry tomfoolery and a parachute jump, if his pants don't catch on fire. Would a hang-glider pilot have set this record first if he'd lit a bunsen burner for a few seconds before gliding across the channel?

There was someone last year who said he wanted to try and land with his jetpack - on a snow slope I believe. Now would be something, and dangerous/jolly foolhardy too.
                Yeah. I expect you do that every day on your commute to the office. ffs

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Perhaps the DoD will buy some for the CIA agents... now that would be cool.
                  Quite probably that was entirely the point of the whole stunt. US DoD loves it's gadgets and they don't get much gadgetier than this.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Definitely amazing and to the naysayers, well, it wasn't you was it ?

I commend the fella for his courage and spirit of adventure.

I hope the technology, having been proven, continues to evolve so that one day any of us could so the same thing.
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

That guy is a complete and utter nutter.

I want one !

I bet gordo gives him aviation fuel tax and airport levy when he crosses the channel.

Comment

Working...
                      X