• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I buy this perfume to my gf ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
    My gf has asked me to buy her this perfume for 70 gbp ...

is it sensible to spend that kind of money on perfume ?

http://www.mistrys.co.uk/chanel-coco...9.html?invis=0
    There was a time, back in the blessed 70s, when a man could come home pissed as a fart, slap his missus around, demand that his dinner be provided, then roger said wife into a coma, wee in the wardrobe and yet be pardoned fully by the missus by giving her Tweed by Lentheric the next day - total cost, 50p.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      A woman came up to me the other day, she said "you smell nice, what have you got on". I said "I've got a hard on but I didn't know you could smell it".
      Ahhh, the old Chubby jokes, still going strong.

Comment

No birthday, nothing? She just asked you to buy it for her?

Cheeky cow, I suggest you ask her to get it on with you and a couple of Dutch bisexual girls. If she does then 70 notes is a small price to pay for a lifetime of happy memories...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyChatterley View Post
          Ahhh, the old Chubby jokes, still going strong.
          I didnt have you down as a chubby chaser.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
            There was a time, back in the blessed 70s, when a man could come home pissed as a fart, slap his missus around, demand that his dinner be provided, then roger said wife into a coma, wee in the wardrobe and yet be pardoned fully by the missus by giving her Tweed by Lentheric the next day - total cost, 50p.
            It all went wrong after women stopped being a man’s property.
            You can bet that it’s women that are the speculants doing all this shorting and it’s their heated hair rollers that are causing global warming.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              If she smells that bad that it costs 70 quid to cover it up - wouldn't the money be better spent getting medical treatment to fix the problem?

Ooooh, she's still got it. (In Mel B, Bo Selecta mode)
              Last edited by LadyChatterley; 19 September 2008, 10:50. Reason: flippin url problems

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                It all went wrong after women stopped being a man’s property.
                You can bet that it’s women that are the speculants doing all this shorting and it’s their heated hair rollers that are causing global warming.
                Yes. The day they got the vote was a dark day for our species.

Comment

buy it - when you give to her tell her that you know it's not because she wants it but because she NEEDS it.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Depends how old your GF is... over 50 then yes, under 50 then no

Thats based on my wife (25) calling that an old womans perfume
                    I'm not an expert on perfumes, but isn't it Chanel No 5 that's been around ages? Not quite the same as saying *any* Chanel perfume is long in the tooth.

(Apparently shortly after Paris was liberated in WW2, a bunch of British secret agents after a fast buck tracked down Coco Chanel to find out the recipe for Chanel No 5. At first she wouldn't tell them, but after being held upside down for a few moments coughed it up!)
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                      .. Also buy the Au De Perfume not the Toilet. ..
                      A toilet would be much more practical if you don't already have one.

Otherwise you'll be forever popping into the next door hotel to use theirs.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X