• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just been up in this...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been up in this...

...for a checkflight. Might be a lovely day today but fc uk me it's turbulent below 2000 ft ... almost lost me breakfast...
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Do you get a parachute in one of these?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      Do you get a parachute in one of these?
      Nope - time you get your lardy ar$e out of the plane below the TMA you'll be brown bread.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
        Nope - time you get your lardy ar$e out of the plane below the TMA you'll be brown bread.
        Very expensive hobby this is -- even though not as expensive as most people may think. When I checked I found that having a pool plane is not for the rich only,

Comment

well what sort of price are you looking at - I guess its the on going costs that are high.....
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
            well what sort of price are you looking at - I guess its the on going costs that are high.....
            HyperD, two thirsty AvGas guzzling monsters... how many GPH of 100LL?

As for the turbulence, it'll be the trees breathing!

Fairoaks by any chance?
            Last edited by Churchill; 31 August 2005, 13:55.

Comment

Churchill (Mr Rotary) - not sure what the gph is - haven't read the op manual yet. Had a nice 14 kt crosswind gusting across runway 06 (LH) - 17kt demonstrated.

Great turbo surge on takeoff - got to keep an eye on the overboost lights - no auto-wastegate. Damn throttle is like it's on an elastic band with the turbo lag. Spent most of my head down in the cockpit staring at the manifold pressure gauge.

Didn't get much of a chance for chat to Farnborough FIS - CFI took care of that while I was attempting not to look to much of a retard trying to keep it straight and level.

Very fast plane (170kt cruise), GPS and autopilot - handy for those infamous mile high club points.

Yep, Fairoaks. Do you hover from there?

£285/hr - around £95k+ for '79 second hand version going in Blackbushe?

Pooling/Sharing tends to be rare for twins - a Beech Baron 58 twin 1/6 share was going around £25k capital, £250 (?) monthly and ~£200/hr

(fao n5gooner)
              Last edited by hyperD; 31 August 2005, 16:15.

Comment

£285/hr
                So within the reach of most junior .Netters then?

Comment

Ive just been up this (not realy, I have been at work in Germany all day).

You would think it would fall over with all that weight at the top.

Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 31 August 2005, 16:54.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

You think that was top heavy, check this out (especially the expression on the game show host's face).

www.mcleod.me.uk/can_crushing_mamma.wmv

Comment

Working...
                    X