• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just been up in this..."

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsGoof
    Purple is their natural colour.
    Indeed! Blame the Dutch.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/1991768.stm

From as far back at the 10th Century, the crop grew purple in India, the Middle East and Europe, with its origins traced to Afghanistan.

Dr Wendy Boyle
    There are even reports that as long ago as 2000 BC, temple drawings from Egypt show a plant believed to be a purple carrot.

It was not until the 17th Century that they turned orange, when patriotic Dutch growers favoured the colour - as used on the national flag.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Purple it's a warning
    did you know you can now by purple carrots in Waitrose.

Purple is their natural colour.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Hmm, reminds me a little of the lass I was following closely up Nordre Ringvej on the bicycle this morning. Except she was blond and wearing purple lycra leggings.

The purple leggings put me off a little, so I didn't try and invite her round for dinner.

Purple it's a warning.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by WageSlave
    Gunman, I've only just managed to stop looking at that wolf with the enormous nads, now you post this....

.....off to touch myself....numerous times......
    Just to keep you on the go and being a bottoms man myself, I cant help but agree with this young lady.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Gunman, I've only just managed to stop looking at that wolf with the enormous nads, now you post this....

.....off to touch myself....numerous times......

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I meant the tower................. honest.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Nice cans.
    You could die a happy man being crushed underneath those.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Nice cans.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    You think that was top heavy, check this out (especially the expression on the game show host's face).

www.mcleod.me.uk/can_crushing_mamma.wmv

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Ive just been up this (not realy, I have been at work in Germany all day).

You would think it would fall over with all that weight at the top.

Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 31 August 2005, 16:54.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    £285/hr
    So within the reach of most junior .Netters then?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Churchill (Mr Rotary) - not sure what the gph is - haven't read the op manual yet. Had a nice 14 kt crosswind gusting across runway 06 (LH) - 17kt demonstrated.

Great turbo surge on takeoff - got to keep an eye on the overboost lights - no auto-wastegate. Damn throttle is like it's on an elastic band with the turbo lag. Spent most of my head down in the cockpit staring at the manifold pressure gauge.

Didn't get much of a chance for chat to Farnborough FIS - CFI took care of that while I was attempting not to look to much of a retard trying to keep it straight and level.

Very fast plane (170kt cruise), GPS and autopilot - handy for those infamous mile high club points.

Yep, Fairoaks. Do you hover from there?

£285/hr - around £95k+ for '79 second hand version going in Blackbushe?

Pooling/Sharing tends to be rare for twins - a Beech Baron 58 twin 1/6 share was going around £25k capital, £250 (?) monthly and ~£200/hr

(fao n5gooner)
    Last edited by hyperD; 31 August 2005, 16:15.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    well what sort of price are you looking at - I guess its the on going costs that are high.....
    HyperD, two thirsty AvGas guzzling monsters... how many GPH of 100LL?

As for the turbulence, it'll be the trees breathing!

Fairoaks by any chance?
    Last edited by Churchill; 31 August 2005, 13:55.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    well what sort of price are you looking at - I guess its the on going costs that are high.....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    Nope - time you get your lardy ar$e out of the plane below the TMA you'll be brown bread.
    Very expensive hobby this is -- even though not as expensive as most people may think. When I checked I found that having a pool plane is not for the rich only,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X