• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Liverpool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Out of interest Robert , how many of them were there ? and were you alone ?

I was alone and there were, I think, 3 of them - at least 2. Cops never caught anyone. It was all a bit quick and as they'd cracked my head against a wall at the beginning of the proceedings, I was literally seeing stars and having a near out of body experience for the duration. I'm not a natural fighter, anyway (I tend to rely upon the stench from my freshly-loaded undies to ward off attackers!), so probably had no chance, even if there'd been 1 of the toerags.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
      I was alone and there were, I think, 3 of them - at least 2. Cops never caught anyone. It was all a bit quick and as they'd cracked my head against a wall at the beginning of the proceedings, I was literally seeing stars and having a near out of body experience for the duration. I'm not a natural fighter, anyway (I tend to rely upon the stench from my freshly-loaded undies to ward off attackers!), so probably had no chance, even if there'd been 1 of the toerags.
      you definately had no chance. In my local, up in Bootle, some of the guys would save up a few quid and head off into town, friday and saturday and target the student lads. There was a certain inevitability and a standard MO, students get a bit pissed, students get loud, thugs get close, look for valuables, follow students onto the street. wham bam. You were targeted Robert and probably stalked for a while. Normally the b@stards will have your trainees as well, you cant fight or run without yer trainees on.

OP, keep yer money well hidden, dont be flashy, keep yer gob shut, be respectful and you will be ok.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        you definately had no chance. In my local, up in Bootle, some of the guys would save up a few quid and head off into town, friday and saturday and target the student lads. There was a certain inevitability and a standard MO, students get a bit pissed, students get loud, thugs get close, look for valuables, follow students onto the street. wham bam. You were targeted Robert and probably stalked for a while. Normally the b@stards will have your trainees as well, you cant fight or run without yer trainees on.

OP, keep yer money well hidden, dont be flashy, keep yer gob shut, be respectful and you will be ok.

I WAS a student at the time - uncanny! A student pal of mine (a hard case, actually) was pasted by a gang of Scousers around the same time for doing nothing more than walking home late one night. Hospitalized. When he got back to his digs, he'd been burgled. All together, now: "Ferry 'cross the Mersey... straight over to the blessed haven that is the Wirral, and don't look back!"

Comment

Working...
        X