• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Liverpool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    No, but it's an hour each way on the train, more expense on the ticket and adds to the hassle of living away.
    As does being, mugged/accosted by hookers/insert other nasty thing that might happen in city-centre Liverpool.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      Entire place should nuked IMO.
      It's a shame about Liverpool: some of the best architecture in Britain; great estuary; near a lot of decent countryside; many world firsts, etc., but populated by trash. Ah well.

Comment

Some parts of Liverpool are ok - I lived in Liverpool for 2 years when I first came to England and it has improved since then.

I lived off Lark Lane first, then in town which was handy for most things. Loads of new flats, so you will get a bargain.

The commute to and from Manchester is horrible, did it for 3 months and hated it. I know it's nothing like commuting around London but I'd rather gouge my eyes out than do that too!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          As does being, mugged/accosted by hookers/insert other nasty thing that might happen in city-centre Liverpool.
          Or London/Birmingham/Manchester/any other big city.

If no-one has any recent, first hand experience, of the place I'll just take a hotel room for the first week and see what it's like.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

If you're not a native you soon get bored with the"Woollyback" jibes.

There would be almost no crime in large parts of the NW if Liverpool didn't exist!
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Not looking for clubs, bars etc. To old for that malarky these days and the Mrs would get upset if she thought I was out on the lash every night
              I'm too old for that malarkey and live dead between Manc and L'pool. Me and the Mrs generally choose Liverpool for our occasional nights out over Manc. There are some good quieter drinkers ( and local characters ! ) pubs if you like that sort of thing.

Comment

If no-one has any recent, first hand experience, of the place I'll just take a hotel room for the first week and see what it's like.
                Believe me I do.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I'd say Manchester and Liverpool are about equal in the 'roughness' stakes, Liverpool might just edge it but only marginally.

Comment

In that case, may I recommend Bootle? A quaint village near the outskirts of the city that boasts riverside views, charming people, good local cuisine, quirky architecture and the majestic Scotland Road running along its riverside perimeter. I'd find accommodation there ASAP. Bon voyage!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                      In that case, may I recommend Bootle? A quaint village near the outskirts of the city that boasts riverside views, charming people, good local cuisine, quirky architecture and the majestic Scotland Road running along its riverside perimeter. I'd find accommodation there ASAP. Bon voyage!
                      And twinned with Moss Side by any chance?
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X