• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Noel Edmunds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More breaking Noel Edmonds related news:

Noel Edmonds believes that the souls of his dead parents follow him everywhere in the form of two orbs.
    My dead parents are melon-sized orbs
    He has a scientific explanation for them: "My belief is that these are something to do with some form of positive energy...can move between 500 and 1,000 miles per hour".

Comment

David Icke must be worried - that's pretty stiff competition - and Noel has a beard, always a plus point for the nutter brigade.

Comment

The 59-year-old is a follower of the New Age theory of Cosmic Ordering, which involves writing a wish-list and asking the planets to carry it out.
        Barking!
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
          You still need a TV licence though....
          *Cough*
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcintern...re_a_tv_1.html

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
            You still need a TV licence though....

No..... if I do not have a TV !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              No..... if I do not have a TV !!
              Yes, if you are watching or recording any kind of "live" broadcast.

Watching stuff on iPlayer after it has been broadcast is ok, watching a live stream of a program as it it is being broadcast is not.

If you have a Video recorder in your house but no TV you still need a license since it is capable of recieving a "live" signal and recording it for later viewing.

Having a TV reciever in your PC and using that to watch or record TV programs needs a licence.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Yes, if you are watching or recording any kind of "live" broadcast.

Watching stuff on iPlayer after it has been broadcast is ok, watching a live stream of a program as it it is being broadcast is not.

If you have a Video recorder in your house but no TV you still need a license since it is capable of recieving a "live" signal and recording it for later viewing.

Having a TV reciever in your PC and using that to watch or record TV programs needs a licence.
                I think it's a little bit harsh to say that "live" streaming requires a TV licence - the law probably need clarification on that point.

I think the fairest solution would be if your equipment is capable of receiving either an analogue or digital terrestrial signal, you should pay the licence fee.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  I think it's a little bit harsh to say that "live" streaming requires a TV licence - the law probably need clarification on that point.

I think the fairest solution would be if your equipment is capable of receiving either an analogue or digital terrestrial signal, you should pay the licence fee.
                  How dare you bring fair and law into the same post!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

Not as far as the BBC are concerned

You need a TV licence to use any television receiving equipment such as a TV set, set-top box, video or DVD recorder, computer or mobile phone to watch or record TV programmes as they are being shown on TV.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

* Also in today's Times was a literacy test from Harrow school - one of the examples was the correct spelling of licence.
                      Good thing for some that the spelling of 'Noel Edmonds' wasn't in that test.

Comment

Working...
                      X