• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Noel Edmunds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    The BBC should be privatised and the license fee abolished.
    Licence.

You didn't go to Harrow, did you?

Do we really want out TV to be as bad as it is in the USA? That said, I wouldn't object to paying for BBC progs - especially if I could have the option not to pay for any involving inter alia, Chris Moyles and Noel Edmunds.

Comment

Poor old Noel.

Why do people hate him so?

Ok, he's a beardy-weirdy with a few bad TV program concepts, but on the whole he's a nice enough chap.

Fully agree with him about licence fee and the nasty, hectoring attitude of the BBC regarding it. The ominous, paranoia-filled infomercials that suggest they are watching you, and that you're worse than a rapist if you don't pay your telly tax.

God knows there are enough horrible, evil people in the world to hate if your want to hate someone.

Leave poor old Noel alone.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        How much is he worth? I harldy think "poor" applies.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          How much is he worth? I harldy think "poor" applies.
          Ah! Playing the jealousy card BP?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Good thing for some that the spelling of 'Noel Edmonds' wasn't in that test.
            arrgghhh it was bound to happen - hoist by my own potato!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Not as far as the BBC are concerned
              I know what they say, but they don't decide the law.

Interesting foogle

My point was, what they say you need a licence for isn't exactly fair...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Ah! Playing the jealousy card BP?
                Of course!

I would swap his money for everyone hating me! At the money I have the hating me without the money!

I wonder what the relatives of that chap killed in the 80s think of him? The one where Noel sent him on a stunt on a TV program. Not that Noel was involved.....

Was it presented by Noel and Mike Smith? What was the name of that show?

Comment

Poor old Noel.

Mr Blobby, Noel's House Party - and before you say "off button" just remember that some of us have families with no taste at all.
                  Ok, he's a beardy-weirdy with a few bad TV program concepts, but on the whole he's a nice enough chap.
                  How the flip do you know?
                  Fully agree with him about licence fee and the nasty, hectoring attitude of the BBC regarding it. The ominous, paranoia-filled infomercials that suggest they are watching you, and that you're worse than a rapist if you don't pay your telly tax.
                  I fully agree with him about this (the hectoring stuff), but as dude who has gained so much benefit from the cash over the years it's a bit rich (pun intended) for him to decide now that he doesn't have to pay. If he really feels so strongly, why not keep paying but use his considerable wealth to mount a media campaign against the licence?

Comment

Poor old Noel.

God knows there are enough horrible, evil people in the world to hate if your want to hate someone.

He is a revolting "little man" who on this one occasion I happen to agree with.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Of course!

I would swap his money for everyone hating me! At the money I have the hating me without the money!

I wonder what the relatives of that chap killed in the 80s think of him? The one where Noel sent him on a stunt on a TV program. Not that Noel was involved.....

Was it presented by Noel and Mike Smith? What was the name of that show?
                      Good lunch was it?

Comment

Working...
                      X