• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Noel Edmunds

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Noel Edmunds"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Exquisite
    Superb! What did you have?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The BBC has also broken the covenant in that it buys in much of its content from private companies. A lot of people are getting rich at the licence payers expense.
    Including buying the house party from Noel's company. In fact I believe this was one of the early deals.

In his Wilderness years following the accident Noel learnt alot in America. On one warped level it was good for him.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Excellent thanks! How was yours?
    Exquisite

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The BBC has also broken the covenant in that it buys in much of its content from private companies. A lot of people are getting rich at the licence payers expense.
    Ahem, whilst I hate to do this - that was introduced by Mrs Thatcher......

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    At one time the licence fee was justified as it allowed the BBC to make quality programmes without the need for advertising or a mass audience.
    There seems to be a covenant here: We pay, they make good telly.
    That covenant has been broken. There are so many repeats on the Beeb and much of the formula TV progs are only there as ratings winners rather than being of any real quality.
    Considering the amount the BBC makes from selling it's content abroad, is the licence fee still significant?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Good lunch was it?
    Excellent thanks! How was yours?

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Of course!

I would swap his money for everyone hating me! At the money I have the hating me without the money!

I wonder what the relatives of that chap killed in the 80s think of him? The one where Noel sent him on a stunt on a TV program. Not that Noel was involved.....

Was it presented by Noel and Mike Smith? What was the name of that show?
    Good lunch was it?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Poor old Noel.

Why do people hate him so?

Ok, he's a beardy-weirdy with a few bad TV program concepts, but on the whole he's a nice enough chap.

Fully agree with him about licence fee and the nasty, hectoring attitude of the BBC regarding it. The ominous, paranoia-filled infomercials that suggest they are watching you, and that you're worse than a rapist if you don't pay your telly tax.

God knows there are enough horrible, evil people in the world to hate if your want to hate someone.

Leave poor old Noel alone.
    He is a revolting "little man" who on this one occasion I happen to agree with.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Poor old Noel.

Mr Blobby, Noel's House Party - and before you say "off button" just remember that some of us have families with no taste at all.
    Ok, he's a beardy-weirdy with a few bad TV program concepts, but on the whole he's a nice enough chap.
    How the flip do you know?
    Fully agree with him about licence fee and the nasty, hectoring attitude of the BBC regarding it. The ominous, paranoia-filled infomercials that suggest they are watching you, and that you're worse than a rapist if you don't pay your telly tax.
    I fully agree with him about this (the hectoring stuff), but as dude who has gained so much benefit from the cash over the years it's a bit rich (pun intended) for him to decide now that he doesn't have to pay. If he really feels so strongly, why not keep paying but use his considerable wealth to mount a media campaign against the licence?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Ah! Playing the jealousy card BP?
    Of course!

I would swap his money for everyone hating me! At the money I have the hating me without the money!

I wonder what the relatives of that chap killed in the 80s think of him? The one where Noel sent him on a stunt on a TV program. Not that Noel was involved.....

Was it presented by Noel and Mike Smith? What was the name of that show?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Not as far as the BBC are concerned
    I know what they say, but they don't decide the law.

Interesting foogle

My point was, what they say you need a licence for isn't exactly fair...

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Good thing for some that the spelling of 'Noel Edmonds' wasn't in that test.
    arrgghhh it was bound to happen - hoist by my own potato!

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    How much is he worth? I harldy think "poor" applies.
    Ah! Playing the jealousy card BP?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    How much is he worth? I harldy think "poor" applies.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Poor old Noel.

God knows there are enough horrible, evil people in the world to hate if your want to hate someone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X