• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contractor acting like permie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shop the other contractor to hector for behaving like a permi
    Surely IR35 applies to him

Comment

also thinking about the future - you start doing unpaid weekend work now and the end client is going to think they have an unlimited amount of weekend cover all gratis - all of a sudden those 10 weekends are going to become 12 then 14.

work = money = fun+life

jimjamuk
      (office closed 5pm friday - 9am monday)

Comment

Originally posted by jimjamuk View Post
        also thinking about the future - you start doing unpaid weekend work now and the end client is going to think they have an unlimited amount of weekend cover all gratis - all of a sudden those 10 weekends are going to become 12 then 14.

work = money = fun+life

jimjamuk
        (office closed 5pm friday - 9am monday)
        At 5.00pm on a Friday, leave this on your desk:

http://blogs.gelman.gwu.edu/blogs/ec...losed-sign.jpg

Comment

Personally I wouldn't do it, you can make your own promotion at any time, you simply need to find another job.
          The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

If it bothers you that a colleague is working for nothing I would have a word with the shop steward.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Even as a permie I would expect time and a half on a weekend or some other extra. An example recently for me, contracted for 7.5 hours a day, went to client DR site for a test which lasted 15 hours... Billed them for 2 days, I agree with most comments here.. If you're working you should be paid..

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                Shop the other contractor to hector for behaving like a permi
                Surely IR35 applies to him
                My thoughts exactly. Also, while you're waterboarding him, use nice warm fizzy coke for enhanced effect.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Free of charge?

Get him sectioned quick... and hide all the sharp objects.

Comment

Why does this guy's voluntary work piiss you off? He is doing you a favour as the manager will not be calling on you to work weekends. Buy him a drink, and get on with your life instead of wotrrying about some tit with no life.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                      Why does this guy's voluntary work piiss you off? He is doing you a favour as the manager will not be calling on you to work weekends. Buy him a drink, and get on with your life instead of wotrrying about some tit with no life.
                      WHS.

No point worrying about a tit with no life.

But a life without tits? I'd worry about that.....
                      Last edited by blacjac; 29 August 2008, 14:30.
                      Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
                      X