• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contractor acting like permie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd just laugh at him tbh.

No money = no work. If I wanted to work for free I would sign up with some charity.

Lots of people going on about renewal time, but do you really think free weekends is going to make much difference. They will renew if they need your skills and they won't if they don't, doesn't mater how much "free" work the other guy does.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
      I'd just laugh at him tbh.

No money = no work. If I wanted to work for free I would sign up with some charity.

Lots of people going on about renewal time, but do you really think free weekends is going to make much difference. They will renew if they need your skills and they won't if they don't, doesn't mater how much "free" work the other guy does.
      WHS, and if they don't renew you because of that then you are working for the wrong people.
      The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Personally, I'm very reluctant to work weekends whatever anyone's paying. I earn quite enough in the week thanks. Ten weekends on the trot? No chance! For free??? You are taking the p155.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

You are justified in using whatever means necessary to destroy the opposition. Have him eliminated, in a display of watertight professionalism.

Comment

Its obvious the other contractor is trying to ingratiate himself with the client co. Perhaps he's desparate for an extension? But any contractor working 10 weekends FOC is really creating problems for the other contractors on site.

Id suggest having a friendly word in his shell like and explain to him the potential precedent he could be setting for the client co.

Personally, I dont have a problem doing an extra hour or two during the week. But, 10 free weekends is taking or rather giving, the piss!
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              Its obvious the other contractor is trying to ingratiate himself with the client co. Perhaps he's desparate for an extension? But any contractor working 10 weekends FOC is really creating problems for the other contractors on site.

Id suggest having a friendly word in his shell like and explain to him the potential precedent he could be setting for the client co.

Personally, I dont have a problem doing an extra hour or two during the week. But, 10 free weekends is taking or rather giving, the piss!
              I wouldn't as he will then turn round and tell the client co that you are trying to bully him into not working for free to ingratiate himself even further!

Just leave him to his own devices, if he wants to give away almost a months worth of billable time for free more fool him. I somehow doubt the client co are going to appreciate it as much as he thinks they will.....

Comment

Working...
              X