• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ken Clarke does an about-turn on the euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

..no its due to the fact that there are 5 million unemployed in Germany so employers can push wages down, whereas in Ireland there is virtually no unemployment and a strong demand for goods.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Ken's soixante neuf

Ken Clarke will be 69 years old come the next election. Isn't that a little too old to be the tories' new leader, or am I being ageist?

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
        Ken Clarke will be 69 years old come the next election. Isn't that a little too old to be the tories' new leader, or am I being ageist?
        Ageist, but valid - although he'd be good at exposing Gordon Brown now, there's obviously a greater risk of him losing his marbles by 2009/10.

I'll stick to what I said during the IDS reign - David Davies will be the next Tory Prime Minister.

Comment

Working...
        X