• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hypnos beds/mattresses - anyone got one?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypnos beds/mattresses - anyone got one?

The beds knackered, and I need a new one, or at the very least a mattress.

I'm after a top end Hypnos, the Rolls Royce of beds....... (Travelodge use a basic model in their rooms and they are absolutely fantastic, as you may know)

Anyone got one of these and which one gives the best bang per buck so to speak ....

I can sleep on just about anything so I leave it up to the Mrs to chose what she wants. The latest one is from John Lewis and is a "Revolution pocket sprung" one.

It's OK.

We chuck ours out every 3 or so years as Mrs PRC is a bit obsessive about dust mites.

Comment

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...html?t=1026667

Comment

I use a memory mattress - highly recommended

Comment

We have a water bed - I would recomend one to every one - hours of fun & good nights shut eye too
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Got a really nice double bed before baby ferret #1 came along. Hypnos Wheatley Supreme mattress. By far the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! Then when the baby came we had done up the spare room to the double bed went in there and we got a cheapy king size for us. Really regret that and am planning to buy a new hypnos soon.

Just saw this while having a quick search:
            Mattress Sale

Looks like a bargain to me, very tempted myself!
            my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Ideal for everyone with a reinforced concrete bedroom floor...
              Not needed.

Most water beds are on a divan base which spreads the load out therfore the point loading is less than 1.5KNm2 which is what the standard domestic timber floor joist is capable of taking.

There is actually a lot less water in a water bed than people think, 1 liter of water wieghs 1Kg, the average single water mattress is filled with 100l of water, so for a double bed with extra for the frame you are looking at a weight of 250kg which is not alot really.

So the majority of houses will not have a problem.
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
                Mattress Sale

Looks like a bargain to me, very tempted myself!
                £450

Nope, this is a bargain: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gelert-Singl...140163&sr=8-12 £7.99

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  £450

Nope, this is a bargain: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gelert-Singl...140163&sr=8-12 £7.99
                  That's quite cheap for a decent mattress

Better
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    That's quite cheap for a decent mattress
                    Cheaper than a decent mistress

Comment

Working...
                    X