• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hypnos beds/mattresses - anyone got one?"

Collapse

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by minsky1 View Post
    Years ago I remember seeing a bedside table advertisment for the bed, but they've stopped doing that now ..... so........... I emailed the press office, and they told me the make .... HTH
    I might do that.... the staff were very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• minsky1
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

Thanks for that, helpful

Years ago I remember seeing a bedside table advertisment for the bed, but they've stopped doing that now ..... so........... I emailed the press office, and they told me the make .... HTH

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by minsky1 View Post
    knick it .... remember to hire a van beforehand, and get a couple of immigrants to sleep in it with a pager. Best to steer clear of hotels (like travelodge) that have those restricted window opening thingy's on them.....

Thanks for that, helpful

Leave a comment:

• minsky1
    replied
    Ok, I have a question.... about beds. What if you stayed in a really nice hotel and wanted a bed exactly like it - how do you go about getting one?
    knick it .... remember to hire a van beforehand, and get a couple of immigrants to sleep in it with a pager. Best to steer clear of hotels (like travelodge) that have those restricted window opening thingy's on them.....

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Ok, I have a question.... about beds. What if you stayed in a really nice hotel and wanted a bed exactly like it - how do you go about getting one?
    Ask the concierge of the really nice hotel.

He's a grand chap unless he moves your car without the tracker thing and then all hell breaks loose!

But still, all's well that ends well.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minsky1
    replied
    Originally posted by ferret View Post
    Got a really nice double bed before baby ferret #1 came along. Hypnos Wheatley Supreme mattress. By far the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! Then when the baby came we had done up the spare room to the double bed went in there and we got a cheapy king size for us. Really regret that and am planning to buy a new hypnos soon.

Just saw this while having a quick search:
    Mattress Sale

Looks like a bargain to me, very tempted myself!
    Ferret,

Do you know which hypnos is the current equivalent to your model?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    And my taste in tat
    Mere mortals who sleep away a third of his life need a decent bed*. For you though Diver a liddle pound-stretched bed would probably do admirably

* And they equate decent with expensive, ho-hum. A blow up mattress is probably just as good. Certainly not £800 / £7.99 = 100 times as bad anyway

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Spelling was more to do with incorrect use of the apostrophe...

And my taste in tat

Leave a comment:

• ferret
    replied
    Spelling was more to do with incorrect use of the apostrophe...

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    * minging tat

** Aldis and Lidls
    I don't look at the signs, just the prices

Leave a comment:

• ferret
    replied
    Poundstretchers is a treasure trove of bargains* and Poundland an Aladdin's cave of affordable treasures*.

I frequent them both, along with Aldi's and Liddle's**
    * minging tat

** Aldis and Lidls

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    While dressed in bargains from charity shops no doubt. Gossip away old chap
    Poundstretchers is a treasure trove of bargains and Poundland an Aladdin's cave of affordable treasures.

I frequent them both, along with Aldi's and Liddle's

Leave a comment:

• ferret
    replied
    You do realise We will talk about you, behind your back now.
    While dressed in bargains from charity shops no doubt. Gossip away old chap

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I was slightly embarrassed to be linking to something that was on sale. Contracting certainly has gone downhill...
    You do realise We will talk about you, behind your back now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X