• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who'll make his mark ? the captain cried

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Well the band is Genesis, wracking my brains for the first song though. The scots guy was possibly Donovan.

As for mine, you are right on Coleredge and the band that came up with this song based on it have been around a few years now as well. Very big back in the early to mid 80's. They also have a very distinctive mascot.
    Milk and Cookies been keeping you awake Dave ?

Right again - good old Donovan was hanging out with the Fab4 at that point.

Still dont know about which band would have been pretentious enough to ust the Ancient Mariner lyrics , my first impression was Yes - but I think thats too much for that lot and sadly I know just about every little thing theyve done.

So I shall leave that one to some other Afficiando.

Oh as for the clue - Mellow Yellow - you know

Electric Bannana
    Is sure to be the very next phase

So watch out !

Comment

Your right that it wasn't Yes. Think heavier and louder. They are also the only band ever to use Churchill's* "Never surrender" speach as the opening to an album and to their live shows.

*Not the dog, the politician.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Your right that it wasn't Yes. Think heavier and louder. They are also the only band ever to use Churchill's* "Never surrender" speach as the opening to an album and to their live shows.

*Not the dog, the politician.
        Wait a mo - didnt SuperTramp use Churchills '..we will fight them on the beaches' ( a splendid speech methinks) on the 'Even in the quitest Moments ' album ; but no I cant see them using the Mariner - have to pass on this one - on reflection cant be Supertramp as they cant be classified as a heavy band.

Comment

Working...
        X