• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fed up now...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    I take it you've got the heating on then... I'm fully clothed & can barely feel my fingers...
    I haven't had the heating on since March except for 10 min's a month to run the system. The house is warm since we had the cavity wall and 3ft thick loft insulation done
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Now raining horizonatlly.

Baton down the hatches Diver or get your dry suit on.

Comment

Absolutely lashing down for nearly the last hour

Comment

Hammersmith's pretty rainy.

Off-topic question: anyone know of a device that dispenses cat food, bird seed, etc. on a timer basis? Mrs. Dalek & I are going on holiday and want Spike, our resident hedgehog, to be fed each evening, without the birds scoffing the lot.

Comment

Yes.

That wonderful shop Lidl do one.

Sometimes.
            Cheers. I'll get change from a pound, then!

Comment

You'll probably get to keep your pound since they haven't had them in stock since May.
              Thanks, again, for your excellent advice.

Comment

Just chuck a pile of cabbage & lettuce in the corner of the garden. it'll draw slugs and snails from miles for a couple of weeks. That'll keep it fed

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  Just chuck a pile of cabbage & lettuce in the corner of the garden. it'll draw slugs and snails from miles for a couple of weeks. That'll keep it fed
                  Spike is a special needs hedgehog and has to have top quality meal worms and other delicacies. Slugs, he tells us, are for hedgehogs looked after by permie scum tramps with no money.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                    Spike is a special needs hedgehog and has to have top quality meal worms and other delicacies. Slugs, he tells us, are for hedgehogs looked after by permie scum tramps with no money.
                    The spiny little f**ker will have drowned by the time you get back anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      The spiny little f**ker will have drowned by the time you get back anyway.
                      Not so, dog's fart. His hideaway is, cleverly, well above ground level... in my shed, which has a roof and all other shed-related features, designed to keep the inner dry. We also live several metres above sea level. I bet you feel silly now.

Comment

Working...
                      X