• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fed up now...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sysman
    replied
    Holiday. Corpus Christi in fact.

It's a Catholic only event, so might go shopping in a Protestant zone like Zurich.

Overcast but sunny.

Pleasantly warm but will get warmer this aft.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Wikipedia informs me that the Class 150 unit weighs 35.8 tonnes and has a 286hp engine. It is commonly known as a 'Sprinter'. Is this some kind of railway humour?
    That sounds like the ones they used to use on the Leeds to Manchester cross Pennine route.

They never struck me as being designed for hilly routes.

They had an automatic gearbox which took an age to change gear. On an uphill stretch you got to play the game of wondering whether the train would be going backwards by the time a higher gear was engaged.

In the eighties that class of train had 2 stroke diesel engines, the advantages of which escape me at the moment.

That Wiki article is a bit light on technical details*. It does mention the Self-Changing Gears gearboxes.

* Where are Gricer and pals when you need 'em?
    Last edited by Sysman; 19 June 2014, 08:04.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Collapsed person at exit to back lane prevented yesterday evening's hospital visit.

Gardened instead & chopped up various brambles.

Got urticaria from sommat or other, might have been nettles, might have been the goose grass.

(It was probably the goose grass).
    Last edited by zeitghost; 25 August 2016, 09:43.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Train on time at 30 seconds late. Class 150.
    Wikipedia informs me that the Class 150 unit weighs 35.8 tonnes and has a 286hp engine. It is commonly known as a 'Sprinter'. Is this some kind of railway humour?

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    ZeitMater still in Morriston, ZeitPater in Neath Port Talbot*.

Maximal inconvenience.

Om Om Om.

*Fortunately this changed by the evening & now they're both in the same ward, across the corridor from each other.

Which will change, in turn, when ZeitPater moves to his new nursing home.

Feck me this stuff is complicated.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 25 August 2016, 09:34.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Warm. Stunningly hot in the lab.

To add to my job some jumped up feckwhit in estates has just made me remove my silver foil heat reflector so my office is rapidly turning into an oven.

Thursday.

Mother in Morriston Hospital.

Father in Neath Port Talbot Hospital.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 25 August 2016, 09:33.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    A few years ago I wrote a series of children's stories about Lily the Lollipop Lady, and the unlikely adventures that she and her lollipop got up to.

Today I have inspiration for a new story: Lily gets her pole shoved up her arse by an irate motorist.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dry.

Cool.

Hints of rain to come.

Train on time at 15 seconds late leaving Neath. This is a record. Class 150.

Windmills in view, turning in the breeze.

Skool in view.

Hill steep.

Drain no longer leaking.

But, best of all. TFIF at long last.

Om.

Oh, and the pollen count is rising nicely.
    My eyes have been itching badly this week

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Clouds are forming here and the rain is coming soon. And by soon I mean the moment I step outside with no jacket.
    An umbrella is a sound investment.

You do need to practice not leaving it behind in restaurants, pubs, taxis etc.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Now overcast with a cool breeze, which means rain later on.
    Clouds are forming here and the rain is coming soon. And by soon I mean the moment I step outside with no jacket.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X