• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fed up now...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue sky,

Sun is shining,

Autumn leaves outside are an explosion of colour... bright yellows, light greens, and coppery reds,

Birds are singing,

Squirrels are fighting.

ahhh...

Comment

Morning

What I like about Zurich winter. Dry, sun shining and a slight chill in the air.

Train on time.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Mild but slight rain, now brightening up in London

3 mins late leaving but made up time

33 mins 33 secs duration - again the counters in the Universe are falling into place - it is the rapture

Sir Chris Hoy was the pulling loco

Standing room only today - maybe an earlier train was cancelled managed to get a seat though

Into St P on time

Passing Kings Cross - they were giving out free Galaxy Ripple bars .... & I managed to pass 4 vendors
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Mild but slight rain, now brightening up in London

3 mins late leaving but made up time

33 mins 33 secs duration - again the counters in the Universe are falling into place - it is the rapture

Sir Chris Hoy was the pulling loco

Standing room only today - maybe an earlier train was cancelled managed to get a seat though

Into St P on time

Passing Kings Cross - they were giving out free Galaxy Ripple bars .... & I managed to accost 4 vendors
          FTFY

Can I have one pls
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            FTFY

Can I have one pls
            Long gone I'm afraid - choccy for breakfast yum!... do you ever get free toblerones being handed out in Zurich?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              Long gone I'm afraid - choccy for breakfast yum!... do you ever get free toblerones being handed out in Zurich?
              This is Zurich, nothing is free

Lunch yesterday CHF4.50 for a glass of water FFS.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Morning

What I like about Zurich winter. Dry, sun shining and a slight chill in the air.
                We had that yesterday, but warm. Pullover off and windows wide open in the office.

Grey and coolish today.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Lunch today CHF 17.00 for soup, mixed grill and side salad, going back for seconds allowed.

Plus fruit bowl and free water or iced tea.

Not in Zurich.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

It's things like that that make me hesitate whenever I get a call from an agent about a job in Zurich. (which happens more often than you might think).
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I remember paying something like CHF 8-9 for a coffee in Starbucks about 5 3 years ago, and thinking I could have bought 2 pints of beer for that in parts of the UK
                      Last edited by CheeseSlice; 2 November 2010, 16:06. Reason: recalled it was 2007

Comment

Working...
                      X