• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£800 to park me car outside the house...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alright lads,

bit of fun,

let's have a look on ebay and see who can find the most practical best offer for a pre-1973 road tax free car for less than shall we say 4k gbp

let's see what we find...

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      alright lads,

bit of fun,

let's have a look on ebay and see who can find the most practical best offer for a pre-1973 road tax free car for less than shall we say 4k gbp

let's see what we find...

Milan.
      This one, no question.

1971 Jensen Interceptor. Feel the thrum of that 7.2 litre engine!
      I'm Spartacus.

Comment

and this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MERCEDES-BENZ-...3286.m14.l1318

Milan.

Comment

Fun!

1973 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE

THIS IS A TWO OWNER CAR
          ONE OLDER REPAINT ON A STRAIGHT BODY TO THE ORIGINAL COLOR 6 F GOLD GLOW
          BLACK STRIPES
          BLACK POWER CONVERTIBLE TOP
          TAN INTERIOR WITH BUCKET SEATS
          POWER STEERING
          DISC BRAKES
          302 F CODE ENGINE
          3 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION
          ORIGINAL STYLE RIMS WITH THIN WHITE WALLS
          DRIVES AND LOOKS GREAT!!!!

$8000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...3756.m14.l1318

When global warming dries up all the Ocean you can just drive it here!
          Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            Good spot. Nice motor.
            I'm Spartacus.

Comment

or this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUSTIN-MINI-CO...3286.m14.l1318

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Problem is I don't often do. I don't commute and I'm still running around on half a tank since filling up at the beginning of the month.

When I do drive it might be to the other side of the country up in to the west coast - so you want comfort. Hence the heavy car.
                Erm, so why don't you sell it, and just rent one when you go somewhere? That way you get a new car every time you want/need it, plus no depreciation, no road tax, no maintainence etc....
                And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

So me car tax has gone up to £450 a year

Now Edinbra council what to double the cost of me permit to reflect the emissions of the car.. now £320

Grand total to have me car sitting outside the winda: £770!!!!
                  New contract on the table offering just over £1100 a day....

Seriously.

credit crunch, wot credit crunch?
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                    Yes. My heart bleeds lumpy shark-infested sh1te for the op too.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                      Erm, so why don't you sell it, and just rent one when you go somewhere? That way you get a new car every time you want/need it, plus no depreciation, no road tax, no maintainence etc....
                      Car hire is starting to appeal... hassle factor I suppose, grew up in the age of convenience I like being able to walk out the house straight to the car.

If there was general election tomorrow it would tory all the way in this household.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X