• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now Legal to kill & Maim Burglars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chicane View Post
    You seem to be missing the point. This is not about the guy being in danger - this was the least of his worries.

Imagine yourself living in one of the most deprived housing estates in the UK. Picture a scene of kids drinking in your garden late at night, peering through your windows. You come home from work every day to discover another item of your property stolen or smashed up. Imagine this happening several times a month over the last 5 years. None of the authorities are able or willing to take any action for whatever reason.

What exactly would you do to stop the above things happening and provide yourself with the quality of life we all expect as standard?
    Imagine? Part of my youth was spent growing up on an estate called Ryelands in Lancaster look up Mal Hussein to see what sort of area it is.
    My solution was to get a degree and move.
    If you are saying that shooting the blighters who blight your life is acceptable then the chav class is going to thin out pretty quickly.
    Just how much of a nuisance do they have to be before I can pull the trigger?
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      If you are saying that shooting the blighters who blight your life is acceptable then the chav class is going to thin out pretty quickly.

Why should I put up with them? I don't care if the area is poor, or their parents are rubbish. I don't care. Once they have an impact on my life then I'm going to do something about it.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post

Why should I put up with them? I don't care if the area is poor, or their parents are rubbish. I don't care. Once they have an impact on my life then I'm going to do something about it.
        Just consider that you may be the blight on someone elses life!

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Just consider that you may be the blight on someone elses life!

How very dare you!

Comment

How very dare you!
            It was a flippant remark and the blight you may cause is hardly likely to be in the burglar side of things (I hope) but someone may find your eyeliner offensive.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

It was a flippant remark and the blight you may cause is hardly likely to be in the burglar side of things (I hope) but someone may find your eyeliner offensive.
              My reply was a TV comedy quote, in case you didn't know.

As for the eyeliner - anyone that (1) notices and (2) is offended needs a slap, told to mind their own business and then be told to fork off.

Comment

My reply was a TV comedy quote, in case you didn't know.

As for the eyeliner - anyone that (1) notices and (2) is offended needs a slap, told to mind their own business and then be told to fork off.

I know it is from the Cathrine Tate show, I think she is crap.

Isnt the character who says it a poof in denial? ,-)

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

My solution was to get a degree and move.
                  Social mobility comes with considerably less effort when you're 17 than when you're 50.

I reiterate that nobody has come up with a viable alternative to shooting the scrotes in his specific scenario, regardless of how incomprehensible such an action is to the majority of folk here.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
                    Social mobility comes with considerably less effort when you're 17 than when you're 50.

I reiterate that nobody has come up with a viable alternative to shooting the scrotes in his specific scenario, regardless of how incomprehensible such an action is to the majority of folk here.
                    You assume so much. I didnt get my degree till I was in my 30s.
                    Martin could have sold his inherited pile. There are far more solutions than setting a trap. As I have said half a dozen times, I am not against defending what is yours, I am against how he did it.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

No sympathy with those killed during any premeditated crime. Slight problem is the possibility of accident, shooting some drunk that goes round the back of the wrong house maybe. Did it myself once while staying with someone.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X