• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now Legal to kill & Maim Burglars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I am so sorry for not arguing according to your strict rules. Perhaps you could post the full set so I don't have to endure being "pulled up" any more My question was about whether it's OK under your authorised murder policy to kill people outside the house, or does it only apply inside the house?

Who said authorised murder policy? I said you can defend your family and your home. That may extend to lethal force, if necessary. I don't believe that is a new development - I thought this had been the case for some time.

You are insistent on overcomplicating the issue though. Now you are asking about if the burglar was on my grounds? If I am in no danger from him then I would not shoot him or expect anyone to be let off if they did.What this has to do with being able to defend your home if someone comes inside it, I do not know.

You should be a politician. All waffle and no action.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      This was cold blooded murder. I have no sympathy for this man.
      I have no sympathy for the lad he killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        Trust me on this
        You do scare me sometimes, Diver.

Comment

I am a firm believer that we should all be allowed to have hand guns at home to be used to defend ourselves but there has to be a burden of proof on us that we were in fear for our lives (or those of our loved ones) before we take someone elses life.
          Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post

Who said authorised murder policy? I said you can defend your family and your home. That may extend to lethal force, if necessary. I don't believe that is a new development - I thought this had been the case for some time.

You are insistent on overcomplicating the issue though. Now you are asking about if the burglar was on my grounds? If I am in no danger from him then I would not shoot him or expect anyone to be let off if they did.What this has to do with being able to defend your home if someone comes inside it, I do not know.

You should be a politician. All waffle and no action.

Sorry again, I was only asking. I'm genuinely interested in what limits you'd set to when people can be killed for being present on your property. I don't know what "action" I should be taking instead of "waffling" but I'm going to shut up (on this thread at least) before I break any more of your rules.

Comment

I am a firm believer that we should all be allowed to have hand guns at home to be used to defend ourselves but there has to be a burden of proof on us that we were in fear for our lives (or those of our loved ones) before we take someone elses life.
              Surely there are plenty of effective non-lethal ways of protecting oneself? Tear-gas spays, rubber bullets, guns that fire electric darts, etc? A gun at home would probably get used by one of the family on another long before it's used on a thief anyway.

Comment

I have no sympathy for the lad he killed.
                Neither have I. You might notice I have not been against killing these types and these days anybody could justify being in fear for their lives when faced with a burglar.

I have said all along that this was not the case for Martin and as you know the case so well you may be able to correct my understanding of his situation. I do not believe Martin could ever have been in danger given the situation he had engineered and as you said yourself
                If I am in no danger from him then I would not shoot him or expect anyone to be let off if they did
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  Sorry again, I was only asking. I'm genuinely interested in what limits you'd set to when people can be killed for being present on your property. I don't know what "action" I should be taking instead of "waffling" but I'm going to shut up (on this thread at least) before I break any more of your rules.
                  Oh no, now I feel bad. C'mon PSB - we're just chatting. I know I am more 'red neck' that many and yes I do ignore the 'grey' areas in favour of a clearer, simpler, 'black and white' world.

I guess I'd get to my limit as to when I can take action against someone pretty quickly, but not without a warning or two (a la the old bill). I just really hate the thought of any compassion for someone who purposefully steps into someone's home. I agree they can't just be executed, but they had better leave pretty damn quick in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    All those are illegal in this country as offensive weapons.

So it's the baseball bat, the cricket bat, or the bread knife.
                    Ice axe,
                    Spear gun,
                    Crossbow?
                    Timmy Mallet!
                    B00med!

Comment

Oh no, now I feel bad. C'mon PSB - we're just chatting. I know I am more 'red neck' that many and yes I do ignore the 'grey' areas in favour of a clearer, simpler, 'black and white' world.

I guess I'd get to my limit as to when I can take action against someone pretty quickly, but not without a warning or two (a la the old bill). I just really hate the thought of any compassion for someone who purposefully steps into someone's home. I agree they can't just be executed, but they had better leave pretty damn quick in my opinion.
                      Oh Xen, you are contradicting yourself into a corner here!
                      I understand both of Martins burglars were running away when he shot them, one was actualy in the grounds and not the house.
                      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                      X